Cab Radio

Polly

Hia

Took Gladys to see the auto electrian re the radio.

Remeber it use to come on all by itself even when thr key was not in the ignition. We cured it for a while by disconnecting it. but my son-in-law reconnected it while they were away.

nice man sad it was probably a faulty radio. So I went to Aldi and bought a TEVION CAR CD/MP3 RADIO with USB &FRONT AUX INPUT & SDMMC SLOT for £39.99.

Anyone know anything about this radio and will I have to go back to the Auto man to have it fitted????

If the nice man has to fit it I will have to wait a couple of weeks to fit her in on a Saturday morning.

Sounds like a brilliant BARGAIN Polly. Radios are usually quite easy to fit, just follow the instructions. Jim

Hia

I'm one of those people who just glance at instructions and pick out the nicer bits.

I then wonder why I have done it wrong and why I have bits left over.

I am also known to just try and assemble things without instructions :eek::eek::eek:

I think I will sit monday evening and look at it properly!!!!
:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Make a sketch of the existing wiring from the radio, you'll need the wires behind the dash to do something. Make a note of the speaker wires and which side of the vehicle they go to, you'll need to know this when you try and balance the speakers, also front and rear if there are 4 (or more) speakers.

DONT cut any wires until you know 100% what they do, and what wire you will connect with.

The new radio WILL fit in the existing dash cutout?? Check all the dimensions - especially that it will go right back into the dash - without fouling other parts.

There are so many different wire colours used on radios its not likely that the existing wire colours will match the new radio.

"Usually" and I use that term liberally;

Red - power that turns on and off with the ignition key, this wire will be fused already. This power source turns the radio on/off.

Yellow - power that is on all the time - sometimes goes through a "black box" interferance suppressor. The new all digital radios need some power all the time to retain memory - big step backwards if you ask me. This wire MUST have a fuse (8 Amp?) fitted as well. You have to connect this to the battery or a fuse box connection with power on all the time. Put the fuse as close as possible to the end of the wire where you connect to the power, you want the fuse to blow if there is a short circuit, not the wire melt and burn.

Brown - goes to the vehicle earth, any metal part on the vehicle. BUT sometimes speaker wires are also brown!! If there is an existing earth try and use that.

Wires for the speakers are a variety of colours, brown/red, black/red, are common on Euro vehicles but not 100%. Most speaker wires are joined together in a double strip which reduces the risk of using a speaker wire as an earth connection.

Have fun!!

Polly, these radios are 'ISO' fit, so providing the original set was also an ISO set it will have the same plugs and wiring.

I've just bought the same set - VERY handy controlling the vol & unit via the remote laying in bed!!!!!

The only problem I found was this set comes with its own mini loom and plugs so I struggled for space behind the set for the VERY large plugs & sockets but it did go in after a bit of a fiddle (Fiat 06 dash) but it works VERY well and is FANTASTIC value for money, and has a far better folder AND track search when using MP3's. Good luck!

Hia
Can't find the thank you button again so I will say THANK YOU

My brother in law is coming round tomorrow (I hope)

He's got one and he put it in his car

let you know how we go on

Hia
brother in law came and connected radio up easy hard bit as you have said to get it all tucked in the back
Done
Let's see if this one comes on by itself :eek::eek::eek:

Glad you got it sorted, I had to cut a piece out of the back of the dash... but didn't want to scare you with that bit!!

I've found it to be a great bit of kit for the money, take your time reading the manual and play with the settings like base, treble, rock etc and then lie back and change tracks whilst laying bed! Luxury or what!?!

i also had to cut a hole in the back of the radio slot for all those wires and large blocks i also had to change a couple of wires to diffrent terminals in the large block before i could get it to work mine is something called ministry of sound
but it still dont give much sound the two speakers on top of the dash are only the size of a half crown and useless
another project i supose
cheers terry

Hia
Used special tools to get the wires to stay put at the back.
these included 1) spatula
2) george forman plastic thing
3) metal spatula
4) 2 carving knives
5) plastic letuice knife
but we did it.

sat in and been playing with the knobs.
this one you have to drop the front down to put your cd in.
not tried mp3 player still working on what one of those is/are got an i pod but i think i might have done something to that (son in law has that to sort out)
family who would live without them they come in usefull at times :D:D:D:D

radio switched off but volume is up so someone in the street might hear it if it comes on by itself :D:D:D i'm hoping not i'm hoping we have solved the problem of it coming on by its self (by replacing the radio)

oh quite simple then
2cv players /1 pods /d .v. le. de. players to technical for me
your right leave em to the kids

I've also found the radio reception is better on this model compared with the MP3/CD/Radio I replaced!!

The only very slight downside is a very quiet whistle heard in the background when using a USB stick, however this is ONLY noticable when parked up and playing quiet pieces of music. Have yet to try the same tracks on an SD card, CD is fine??

Aldi radio.

Just read your post,Sounds like you got it sorted,I also have fitted one of these, can't believe the value you get for money, however the only problem was the speakers,I bunched all the wires from the radio together and couldnt get full volume, rectified by only using two speaker wires now, Aldi are ace carparks for overnighting also, I have never had problems except BOY Racers on the odd occasion.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back