cab heater in fiat diacato 1986

mhairic

hi
may cab heater is not working, the garage said to make sure there is enough water in the radiator/coolant system which i have done, but it is still blowing cold air, and i live is scotland so its getting a bit cold now when we travel about !
many thanks to anyone who replys
mhairi
scotland

hi
may cab heater is not working, the garage said to make sure there is enough water in the radiator/coolant system which i have done, but it is still blowing cold air, and i live is scotland so its getting a bit cold now when we travel about !
many thanks to anyone who replys
mhairi
scotland
Possibly an air lock in the matrix of the cab heater, stopping the water circulating.

At the back of the motorcompartiment there are 2 paralel pipes going to the cabin to the heather. Have the motor running and check if they are both getting warm. If not: there is a blocking somewhere in the heather-radiator. A new radiator is quite cheap but working-hours will go up: the whole dashboard has to be dismanteled to get there. :eek:
Another thing: between the 2 pipes is a plastic connection (in the motor compartiment) allowing circulation; this is easlily blocked by rust.

Hi,
I am sure that an additive can be purchased quite cheaply and added to the radiator, to flush the system out. If you use this, don't forget to add anti-freeze to your system when you fill up again (especially up in the Highlands) Worth a try, cost very little. Probable gunge build up over the years.Good Luck.

Happy Camping.:)

Hi Mhairic, if you check under the bonnet, :confused: beside the air collector thing, there should be a small bore pipe :p (bolted to the side of it,) with a small square headed screw in the end. :rolleyes: If you undo this screw (while engine is running) :) the air will come out. :D When coolant starts to come out, close the screw, before you lose it all!! :eek: If it doesn't work..........then I'm afraid that you are going to have to start dismantling the system, :eek: a bit at a time, until you find the fault. :( Did it work OK last year? Or, if you have bought it recently, somebody could have blocked it on purpose! I remember my Dad had a heater hose start leaking while we where on holiday in our Transit. Solution was to cut the heater hose off at the leak, insert a suitable size bolt, secured with a jubilee clip! Worked a treat. :cool: He then, promptly, forgot about it until the winter set in! :eek: JIM.

heater valve ,work it manualy,,sometimes heater rad blocks,needs flushed

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back