Broken Dometic Fridge Shelves?

Clunegapyears

Not any more!
Complained to a friend about the cost of replacing the waffle shelves. Must've replaced twice already at great cost. They are not designed to be load bearing.

I've a solution, said David. He's one of our Turkey lockdown friends and had a glue for everything. He even mended a hole in our toilet cassette with glue and a piece of beer can.

Gorilla epoxy resin. Turn the shelves over and fill the rectangles where the cracks are. One tube wasn't enough, so will add more. At £10 a tube not cheap, but a lot cheaper than new shelves.

Attachments

• 20240830_172222.jpg
    20240830_172222.jpg
    323.8 KB · Views: 54
I replaced my waffle one with this...

...when it broke.

Similar price to buying a waffle one but it'll not be breaking in a hurry.

Not any more!
Complained to a friend about the cost of replacing the waffle shelves. Must've replaced twice already at great cost. They are not designed to be load bearing.

I've a solution, said David. He's one of our Turkey lockdown friends and had a glue for everything. He even mended a hole in our toilet cassette with glue and a piece of beer can.

Gorilla epoxy resin. Turn the shelves over and fill the rectangles where the cracks are. One tube wasn't enough, so will add more. At £10 a tube not cheap, but a lot cheaper than new shelves.
Sounds a way to fix, but a tad expensive maybee. I have old fridge drawers and some perspex lying around in the garage - seldom throw anything away, and would fix maybe using cheapo pop rivets instead of expensive glue. Is Araldite cheaper than the much marketed gorilla glue? which i'm not a fan of really.

Back