Body panel sealant

Alshymer

Hi
Can anyone tell me the best sealant to use where the habitation unit joins the Fiat cab?
I assume that it might be Sika 521?
Thanks

If you have a look on here I think your use is number 6 which gives 522 as the product

If it was me I would send an email to Sika Tech department, tell them what materials you want to seal and see what they say. When I have asked in the past the have been very responsive and helpful 👍

521 seems as good as any. It's flexible so should cope with any movement and should last for many years.

I should take my own advice some time soon as I need to rake out some of the old sealant and reseal. I never like seeing adhesive on a product that I just want to seal with though lol. On my van the piece that covers from top of van cab curved over and joins the ali composite roof and walls I am not sure it should be bonded with a sealant/adhesive or just a sealant. I think the front bit is ABS or some flavour of plastic but all the joins on mine where it needs replacing it is more like silicone sealant you would use round a sink type stuff, makes a seal but little stick together ability it you get me.

I should take my own advice some time soon as I need to rake out some of the old sealant and reseal. I never like seeing adhesive on a product that I just want to seal with though lol. On my van the piece that covers from top of van cab curved over and joins the ali composite roof and walls I am not sure it should be bonded with a sealant/adhesive or just a sealant. I think the front bit is ABS or some flavour of plastic but all the joins on mine where it needs replacing it is more like silicone sealant you would use round a sink type stuff, makes a seal but little stick together ability it you get me.

I thought similar Neil but in the case of a cab to hab sealant I would imagine that there are quite strong forces working against it and although it's not there to hold the two together it will probably need quite a bit of strength which is why I though an adhesive/sealer may be better?

I thought similar Neil but in the case of a cab to hab sealant I would imagine that there are quite strong forces working against it and although it's not there to hold the two together it will probably need quite a bit of strength which is why I though an adhesive/sealer may be better?
I don’t know, I will ask which to use when I get round to doing it but have always wondered about it. Probably different expansion forces between the plastic and composite panels as well.

One of the grandsons is waiting to hear if he has secured an apprenticeship with Swift, if he gets it I will get him to find out :)

Back