black streakes.

zeezee16

Anyone know how to cure the cakky black streakes that run down from the rubber on the side windows.
There might well be a previous post about it, but I cant find it.
Cheers, Pete.

Streaking! calm down dear.

Hia zeezee, I use a spray that I bought at Towsure. It is just called streak remover, wash the van and then use the spray & rub with a cloth.By the way, it is Towsures own brand.
I don,t if you have been to towsure before, it,s an Alladins cave of leisure products, H i d can spend a fortune in thier.
Regards Nig.

Anyone know how to cure the cakky black streakes that run down from the rubber on the side windows.
Cheers, Pete.

Hi

Vanish, 79p from wilko's works a treat, doesn't scratch either

*J*

Cheers, Pete.

Fenwick's Motorhome Cleaner.. Top Quality

Then finish of with Fenwick's Bobby Dazzler...

The streaks happen when the rubber has dried with age. It 'surface' perishes and powders. the water running down brings the powder out. Use a silicone spray on the rubber to reseal the surface. you have to get in behind it by lifting it gently away from the body with a lolly stick. It is a pain of a job, but it should do the trick. Rubber was never good with direct sun, the main cause of the problem. Now clean the streaks away with a good colour restorer, ie T'cut and give it a damn good polishing. If the silicone spray runs, wipe off of paint work immediately! This advice comes from Andy, one of the top custom builders and camper dealer. HTH...Paol.

thanks nigel, I want to make it go away perminantly, Iv'e tried Tcut, and various other things, but it keeps coming back.
Suppose I could always spray the van black.
Cheers, Pete

Hi Paol,
I have some silicone spray in the garage, but I dont like spraying it on paintwork, its a complete pig to get off, as you cant spray any paint within 10 feet of where the silicone has been applied.(I know from past experiance of custom painting bikes, once had to respray a tank & 2 mudguards because of silicone overspray.)
I might try spraying the silicone into a cup, then try and brush it on.
Thanks for the advice.
Cheers, Pete

Cheers, Pete.

How about an Angle Grinder with a 40 Grit disc Pete:eek::D:p..

Thats Squits:rolleyes:;):cool:

Hi zz, the biggest reason for black streaks down the side is a dirty roof, dust and muck from roads, parking under trees(even for a short while) all congregate on this flat surface. Clean your roof, polish it with turtle wax or similiar, then clean the streaks off. It will be a while before you see the streaks again......Bob

I am on my second new van and the steaks are there within months
so Iam unsure about the old rubber thiery.
However getting rid of them, well just hard work, I use mer and an old
bath towel. They also seem to be worst at the roof line :confused:

***** said his black steaks were worse when he polished the van :eek::eek:
well I think that what he said :D

This advice comes from Andy, one of the top custom builders and camper dealer. HTH...Paol.

load of bollixxx laffintart..:p

black streeeeks is due to the sheeet that falls from out atmosphere with the rain :rolleyes:...fooookallelse :eek:.. unfortunately :eek:

regards;)
aj

I noticed the roof does need a good clean, I will try that first.
Cheers, Pete.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back