bio diesel

robert b

can any tell me if its safe to use bio diesel in a 1998 compass 1.9 turbo with 43000 on clock as i am new to diesels

If you have a boch diesel pump they reckon its ok, if you have CAV pump no.
Some say its not good for turbo's

thanks trevor i will have a look to see what pump is on engine .diesel price at tesco leeds has gone up nearly 2p a litre so has petrol asda still 120 .

The cheapest place to get fuel in my town is either Morrisons or Sainsburys.... But strangely biodiesel is the same price as ordinary diesel in both of them.
What is the bloody point of that ??

The cheapest place to get fuel in my town is either Morrisons or Sainsburys.... But strangely biodiesel is the same price as ordinary diesel in both of them.
What is the bloody point of that ??
no encouragement to se it then
its only a few cents cheaper a litre for bio over here in spain

its 94 pence a litre on A. 64 nr york its sold on a farm

its 94 pence a litre on A. 64 nr york its sold on a farm

Place by us (Near Wrexham, North Wales) just started doing biodiesel. £1.10 at moment but he is hoping to get down to £1. Just put some in Landrover discovery and going fine. Not tried in camper yet. He is selling as fast as he is making it.

Place by us (Near Wrexham, North Wales) just started doing biodiesel. £1.10 at moment but he is hoping to get down to £1. Just put some in Landrover discovery and going fine. Not tried in camper yet. He is selling as fast as he is making it.
Damage caused is long term rather than poor running, I understood not recommended for use in a turbo, but maybe you have a supply of cheap replacements???

think i will give this a miss. van cost to much to try saving a few quid

Damage caused is long term rather than poor running, I understood not recommended for use in a turbo, but maybe you have a supply of cheap replacements???

Thought it was ok buying properly produced bio diesel (not talking just adding chip oil). This stuff is checked properly. Definately don't have "a supply of cheap replacements". Any proper info would be appreciated as definately don't want to damage camper.

There was a short spot on the breakfast news today

A woman Taxi driver was making her own for around 30 pence per litre

Dave

my opinion only use what was recomended by the maker
dont take a chance on bio stuff to save a few pence
the so called new generation fuels are designed for new generation motors
and the more expensive diesel has been proved not to give a better mpg
so why bother
the motor in your van is the most important and most expensive part
dont chance it

bio fuel

those are good points youve made and i agree £17.000 is far to much money to risk iam sticking to good old derv.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back