bigted

Hello, just a line to say it is difficult to buy an A frame on its own. They are fitted to a specific car. We have one on our Matiz. It cost just under a £1000 to have it fitted. You can buy a dolly towing device which is meant just to get a break-down from A to B, but isn't legal for towing on a perm basis either here or abroad. Send me a message if you want details of where I had mine fitted as I haven't a good memory and will have to look the paperwork out. It was in Warrington and they did an excellent job. Best wishes, Mary.

Have sent you a PM

Hi

We've just had a Car-atow one fitted, to our Peugeot 1007.

Look on web at A frames (type in Google) I found a lot of advice - such as the Towal ones are very fiddly to put on & off and poeple did not recommend them. Also Chris Cox ones (he makes them himself at home behind his house), people said they wondered if they were legal or up to BS stds. I have a friend who has one of these and he says they are heavier than the Car-atow and much uglier but it works. He paid same price as he would have for a Car-atow.

Good hunting.

P,S. have read that an Alko Chassis or Alko extension is not good for towing cars.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back