Big Vern - 1991 Nissan Vanette

Wow, thats incredibly low mileage. Perhaps the original owners camped in their garden ;). One things for sure, it wasn't a delivery van though. Nothing wrong with Jap vans at all.

had toyota same size but with 2 ltre diesel engine mpv so what is the tax on those insurance shouldnt be riducoulous so does it come under cheap tax did see one on flea bay couple of weeks ago pop top ok do know that they can suffer with a lttle rot but engines are fairly bomb proof and easy to work on when you rip out the seat and panels to get access look ok mains hook up fairly straight forward either by a kit from ebay or get the componets and fit it you self as regard charger surely if should be good enough to charge from alt you dont need mains hook up apart from winter when at home then it is usefull to put in a heater just to keep frost out and if you have double sockect fitted then you can just plug in a charger at home and just float charge les battery or get small solar charger that sit in window that wil also top up les battery as the only thing that will take it is fridge and maybe inverter to run laptop or tv but decent battery should run tv overnight i would go with laptop and tv stick that way you have the best of both worlds free wifi and tv

Looks ideal for a couple to enjoy weekends away...and I think your future additions would make it even better.

Only downside to these vans is the engine noise in the front...you need to shout across to each other or just turn the music up...:cool1:

I'm sure you'll have lots of fun with it.

had toyota same size but with 2 ltre diesel engine mpv so what is the tax on those insurance shouldnt be riducoulous so does it come under cheap tax did see one on flea bay couple of weeks ago pop top ok do know that they can suffer with a lttle rot but engines are fairly bomb proof and easy to work on when you rip out the seat and panels to get access look ok mains hook up fairly straight forward either by a kit from ebay or get the componets and fit it you self as regard charger surely if should be good enough to charge from alt you dont need mains hook up apart from winter when at home then it is usefull to put in a heater just to keep frost out and if you have double sockect fitted then you can just plug in a charger at home and just float charge les battery or get small solar charger that sit in window that wil also top up les battery as the only thing that will take it is fridge and maybe inverter to run laptop or tv but decent battery should run tv overnight i would go with laptop and tv stick that way you have the best of both worlds free wifi and tv

Last edited:
Looks ideal for a couple to enjoy weekends away...and I think your future additions would make it even better.

Only downside to these vans is the engine noise in the front...you need to shout across to each other or just turn the music up...:cool1:

I'm sure you'll have lots of fun with it.

Last edited:
hi nissan vanette fan!! (needs help)

hi big vern
love what you have done with your vanette,its fab!!
we have recently got a 1992 one ,its just been for an mot and needs a center drag link asap!!
can you give us any direction as to where i can get one or source any other parts if ness?
i have tried everywhere and i am getting pretty desperate,we would be really grateful if you could help
look forward to hearing from you
bob

Nice one, You have given me some ideas about how to improve my camper. It is far too cluttered.

hi big vern
love what you have done with your vanette,its fab!!
we have recently got a 1992 one ,its just been for an mot and needs a center drag link asap!!
can you give us any direction as to where i can get one or source any other parts if ness?
i have tried everywhere and i am getting pretty desperate,we would be really grateful if you could help
look forward to hearing from you
bob

edit - the van had the same mot failure this year (april 2013), the part is delisted so we had the centre drag link end refurbed by the balljoint centre in bootle.

Last edited:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back