Beware RWG mobile.

korky

Last year some folks were having problems with this company and some were saying how good their experience, including me.Bit different this year. I've been in Spain the last few weeks and am now in Portugal.I bought their 200gb per month sim with 100gb roaming allowed in EU, for £20. Last week it stopped working for 4 days.After emailing them (phone line never answered) I got a message on the Friday saying try now .Nothing.Came back online on the Saturday night.Just watching tv tonight and it's gone again.The same sim now states on their website only 20gb roaming . Don't know if this is connected, but surely my contract is for the 100gb as originally purchased.

I think RWG just resale off the Now network, who themselves resale EE, so your service provider was/is EE via at least 2 agents who both made their business by bulk buying / reselling.

RWG have dropped their roaming from 200gb last year, to 100gb recently, to now only 20gb.

I have just ditched both of our cards and gone elsewhere. Tesco currently have unlimited roaming for £20 if purchased by clubcard saving £5 on the usual £25 price. Unlimited roaming is for this year but may (read will) change in 2025.

I got an RWG SIM around 2 years ago. Paid £5.00 for it.
Use it probably every day for calls and texts.
Still £4.85 in credit. So cost me 15 pence in approximately 24 months.

"Beware RWG Mobile"? Really?

(If you mean for a very specific usage, then maybe say so in the thread title?)

That sounds like the PAYG SIM I got fron RWG, it tops up £5 automatically every month for free! They stopped offering that a while ago. It's been great to have in the 2nd SIM slot in my phone for locations where my main network is weak. Not much data allowance so no good for that, but horses for courses!
As far as EU roaming is concerned, I've just got a Lebara SIM on offer at 99p per month for 6 months with 15gb data per month. It's a monthly rolling contract so can be cancelled any time. That should be enough for our needs on our trip to France in May

I am currently in Portugal with the RWG sim same package as you 200Gb, at present it is working fine but I have had a email saying from the 1st of April 2024 the roaming s only 20gb per month, I have got 2 sim cards and I will be cancelling them on my return to the UK

The service has stopped working twice for a total of 5 days in a 5 week period, until today it has been impossible to get an answer on their phone line,emails take 2 days for a reply. I took out a subscription for 100gb which has dropped to 20gb next week leaving me in the lurch. Yes, beware.

I am currently in Portugal with the RWG sim same package as you 200Gb, at present it is working fine but I have had a email saying from the 1st of April 2024 the roaming s only 20gb per month, I have got 2 sim cards and I will be cancelling them on my return to the UK
That's interesting, I went online to buy that at the weekend, knowing the 20gb roaming limit was coming but thinking it wasn't in place yet. It only offered 20gb roaming on the 200gb bundle so I assumed I'd made a mistake with the date it was starting.

The service has stopped working twice for a total of 5 days in a 5 week period, until today it has been impossible to get an answer on their phone line,emails take 2 days for a reply. I took out a subscription for 100gb which has dropped to 20gb next week leaving me in the lurch. Yes, beware.
I've no no issues whatsoever. No need to be aware.

You see, you have to say WHAT to be aware of, not some silly 'click bait' title.

I've no no issues whatsoever. No need to be aware.

You see, you have to say WHAT to be aware of, not some silly 'click bait' title.
Sorry,I'm not into click bait titles.I have listed a host of problems I have been having with RWG in order to help others.Many people were having issues with them last year. I wasn't until this year.Now I am. Got out of bed the wrong side?

Sorry,I'm not into click bait titles.I have listed a host of problems I have been having with RWG in order to help others.Many people were having issues with them last year. I wasn't until this year.Now I am. Got out of bed the wrong side?
nah, i think you should have made the title more specific.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back