Best 12v way to cool van please

suterman

Hi, it's Mrs Suterman here - very much looking forward to our trip down through France later in the summer. I am, however, a little concerned about how hot our camper could get in the S.France climate. We've been browsing the 12v fans and we're wondering if there's one that you would particularly recommend?

Apart from that, I guess we'll need to try to park in the shade as much as possible and put the reflective shields in the windows when parked during the day. Any other tips?

PS Can you get stick-on reflective sun shields for the sun-roofs?

Cheers.

cool

If funds stretch I believe that the silver screens people (other makes are available or can be made) do actually make a screen for the roof windows.

If you have a silver screen thing for the outside, these reflect the sun as well as insulate in the winter, we also leave our windows open in the cab to let a draft/breeze in. Nobody knows that they are open because they cannot see them open. Obviously we wouldn't leave the van unattended in that state.

Cooking outside will always help.

fans may help, but they will only recirculate hot/warm air.

If your van has a blown air heater fitted, just put the blower on (not the heater) it probably draws air in from under the van where its cooler.

Remove carpet if you have a removeable one, lino is much cooler on the feet.

other than that, I'm not aware of any cheap 12v coolers.

Jon

Just open the bloomin windows full stretch.....if you can't take the heat then move further North...common sense !!! the whole idea is to get a better climate than the UK...:D :cool: :D :rolleyes:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back