Belgium

cipro

going to visit Belium in April anyone know good places to see. also what is it
like to wild camp 3-4 nights, also after cheap fags and booze:confused:

Hi Cipro

The City of Brugge is well worth a visit, lots to see and do. Free camping available at the aire de service just past the railway station. Spent quite a few nights there without any problems. The city of Ghent is also worth a visit so I am told but we have yet to go there so I cannot confirm this. For cheap ciggies and booze we have found that the best prices can be found at the town of Adinkerke. Commonly known as tobacco alley Adinkerke is just off the motorway the first exit in Belgium as you leave France heading north.
The coast road going north from De Panne to Ostend offers plenty of places to wild camp, we often stay on the road between Middlekerke and Ostend where you are only a matter of yards from the beach. Hope this helps have a great trip.

Brisey

Free parking at Ostende,head for parking with sign Parking Gratis. There are two areasfor motorhomes.
There is aMotorhome park in De Panne It does say no overnighting,but nobody bothers.
There are other official free sites in the Aires book.

South of Charleroi there are some lakes just off the N40 -no facilities but plenty of places to park. Spent a quiet night there at end 04/06

belgium

Thanks to all on places in Belgium will take note and try out :D if there is any others keep them coming. All the best to all.

cipro said:
Thanks to all on places in Belgium will take note and try out :D if there is any others keep them coming. All the best to all.
Gent is great place, stayed at a campsite called camping Blaarmeersen but noticed vans wild camping in the car park outside the campsite, nice quiet spot 20mins walk from Gent centre.
Also some vans overnight by side of the canal on main road opp the sports centre.Also at the rear of the sports center there is a big lake with great walks for giving the dog a run and walking off all that strong Belgium beer!
http://www.davidklyne.plus.com/camping_blaarmeersen.htm

Jann

jann said:
Free parking at Ostende,head for parking with sign Parking Gratis. There are two areasfor motorhomes.
There is aMotorhome park in De Panne It does say no overnighting,but nobody bothers.
There are other official free sites in the Aires book.

Found the de panne site after we went to fag ally.
However i understand that the sign ment 23 hours stay, although it may have been a different site to the Jann stayed at.Even so nice safe:) and quiet place to stop and FREE huray.

It is great that info u do get from this forum is genuine well at least this one was thanks again to Jann and others for info on going over the the waters
had more confedence to go. definately going again soon I hope:D :D :D

a few years ago the signs said 48 hours,then it was altered and motorhomes were not allowed to stay,we even saw signs stuck on windscreens from the local council saying that the vans should go to the caravan site.
Last time we went the signs said motorhomes were allowed in the day but not overnight,(this was ignored ),but this may well have changed,we have not been this year (yet) off across the water in a couple of weeks time.

jann said:
a few years ago the signs said 48 hours,then it was altered and motorhomes were not allowed to stay,we even saw signs stuck on windscreens from the local council saying that the vans should go to the caravan site.
Last time we went the signs said motorhomes were allowed in the day but not overnight,(this was ignored ),but this may well have changed,we have not been this year (yet) off across the water in a couple of weeks time.

Hi jann I hope they dont change the hrs 4 staying again if u go to De panne:D The mh rest place was opposite a scateboard park and next to that thay seem to be do up abuilding good luck on your travels.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back