basic help for using the site ect

t&s

it might help many of us who are to old or not to clever with computers to have a site help section with instructions in basic english .
ie
how to put pictures on the site
what some of the jargon means in simple terms
how to start a new thread as some dont understand all the titles in all the pages and what they mean
what is a smiley ect ect ect
just an idea ?

computer

Your my heros, I can not tell you how stupid I feel, when wanting to ask , what others see as basic questions LOL

Your my heros, I can not tell you how stupid I feel, when wanting to ask , what others see as basic questions LOL
i think i have found some help in the top line titled FAQ still not in there all i can understand though
FAQ ile have to ask my 5 year old grandaughter he he
why has your tiger a bridge on its head ?

Last edited:
Work it out

:eek::DI had been on this site for nearly a year when I had to ask how to post a picture and it took me about 3 hous to work it out:eek::D:eek::D

Photobucket is fine .

I have used photobucket for the last six years and never had a problem
I even used it this afternoon for my christmas present

wolseley.jpg

Steve

I decided to use photobucket because the photos I have saved on my laptop
are on Adobe Photoshop and when I try to post them they are blocked because the file size is too big for this site,I am unable to reduce the file size on adobe ,so I upload the chosen photo on photobucket and resize it to message board size, then copy it and paste it to your reply.
I hope this makes sense:confused:

Photobucket is fine .

I have used photobucket for the last six years and never had a problem
I even used it this afternoon for my christmas present

wolseley.jpg

Steve
is that the engine for your bike thats in the background ?

be warned as my post says in photo section its not permanent
I think you are under the impression that if you remove photobucket in the future that you will lose your saved photo's. This may be the case, but if you save your pics on your computer and just upload the required pics to photobucket then photobucket cannot remove your origional saved pics from your computer. once again,I hope this makes sense.

The engine is a 1950 Wolseley WD8

wolseleyadvert.jpg

It was bought for me by my very understanding wife for a christmas present .
We could not collect it untill yesterday due to her chemotherapy schedule .

She knows I will not wear slippers with Homer simpson on so she buys me things that I prefer .

The engine will recieve over the next few months a full nuts and bolts restoration

You can see more of my collection and restorations on my engine website

Steve

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back