Banning drivers of MH's and minibuses at 70 y.o.

I am sure I saw something on another forum about these rules changing but I think it was to allow younger drivers to drive up to 4250kg. Can't remember but will have a look. There maybe should be an exception for 70+ and motorhomes. Is there that much difference between a 3500kg and 4250kg van?

Better still Trev, have your missus empty Lionel Richtea from the wardrobe 😂

IMG_7315.jpeg

The proposed EU changes are for B cat license for all vehicles to be 4.25t, hopefully UK will follow suit
I don't think that is the case.

The directive doesn't say for all vehicles, but does say the proposed change is to encourage the use of electric propulsion.

While Fleet Europe say.
"The European Parliament is considering a proposal to increase the maximum weight limit of vehicles that drivers with a B driving licence can drive to 4.25 tonnes, so long as the vehicles are zero emission."

Unless there are recent updates of course.

Is there that much difference between a 3500kg and 4250kg van?

No a lot of difference, but EVans tend to be plated 4250 which means that I (no C1) can't drive it and neither can someone who has just passed his test.

I can drive my 3500. If I replate it to 3860 which is a pure paper excerise with no change to the van then I can't drive it.

ass3.jpg

I gave up having class 1 at 65 and C1 at 70 to avoid agro about eyesight and medical, glad Idid now

If I have read it correctly (the news🤣 article) nothing has changed for holders of C1 on reaching 70, still need a medical and if passed you keep your license.
Only change might be for younger drivers to be allowed to drive up 4.25 on existing license.

Back