Bailey 765 dropdown bed. Anyone got one? HELP!

Mollybobs

Ours is stuck. Used the panel above door to lower it and it came down, but took itself straight back up and now wont move.

Wonderfully detailed instructions say to simply turn the nut at the 'end'. What nut. What end. We cant find a nut anywhere.....

To save us the hassle of a 60 mile journey to the dealer, does anyone have any idea?

Ours is stuck. Used the panel above door to lower it and it came down, but took itself straight back up and now wont move.

Wonderfully detailed instructions say to simply turn the nut at the 'end'. What nut. What end. We cant find a nut anywhere.....

To save us the hassle of a 60 mile journey to the dealer, does anyone have any idea?

If it's similar to the chausson bed the manual lowering is virtually impossible.
Switching off and on and/or leaving for a while sometimes works . Sorry can't be any more help

Our 2015 Pilote had something similar. The controls on ours .. To reset it you held both buttons in together and it sorted itself out. Ours used to jam on the way down with one side coming down further than the other. You then had to help it back up again and reset it. Last time it jammed it refused to come down more than 300mm. At that point we traded it in for an A Class with a MANUAL bed. Never again. You just cannot rely on them.

I consulted our Dealer the last time it happened as we were down on the South Coast and their suggestion was to ask the Warden on the site to see if he had any ideas or could point us in the way of a MH Dealer :ROFLMAO:

What's a SITE .....

I think the nut they are referring to will be on the end of the motor drive. Ours was a scissor type where I think yours will be a belt system that wraps round a roller. You probably turn it using a ratchet wrench or an electric drill same as they use on caravan legs.

Biggest problem with ours was .. I was always worrying wether it would work or jam.

When it finally failed it happened on the first night of a 15 day break so I spent 15 nights sleeping on the floor.

The New Liaka has a manual pull down bed. Far safer.

See you posted on the Caravan Club but you could also have a look http://forums.motorhomefacts.com/231-bailey-motorhomes/121790-electric-bed-problem-bailey-540-a.html

Last edited:
Luckily we still have the huge lounge area bed, so no sleeping issues. Will hold both buttons and hope😄

Think it is husbands fault - he is the sole user (me and dogs share other bed), he put it up with god knows how much bedding still on it. He is not popular at the moment.

Thanks for help, i did look at the site you pointed me to, but cannot see much. Bloody beds!

Thinking of buying an awning for him to sleep in, much safer 😉😉

Pop up lightweight tent would be better , cheaper and take up far less room.

Anyway had a look at the bed and it seems that it has limit switches which stop the bed trying to go down or up to far. So the down and up switches switch the polarity to the motor to make it go forward or backwards and the limit switches stop it. Reasonably simple system until it goes wrong. There has to be a control box somewhere. It will more than likely run from the leisure battery so perhaps disconnect the battery for 30 minutes then reconnect and see if it resets itself.

Think I would spend sometime learning how it all works and where all the parts are and have a plan B in case / when it happens again. Our plan B was sell the MH. You cannot manage without a decent nights sleep especially if you have a long drive the next day.

Last edited:
Hi new to the forum.
I have a 765 I did read somewhere the manual override is behind a panel on the drop down cabinets below the bed. (can't find a link now soz)
They also mentioned it was difficult to do with a socket better to use an drill with socket attached.
In line fuse is prone to blowing don't raise with extra weight on it.
I realise its too late for Mollybobs she has probably went for plan B lol but might help someone else.

Hi we are also new to the forum! we have a manual drop down bed in our Burstner Ixeo. We were advised that people were having real difficulties with the electric ones as we said we really liked the new Chausson motorhomes. We are also vertically challenged so the 6 ft high grill above the fridge in those vans would cause no end of problems and dropped dinners lol. Unfortunately it seems that things that are designed to make life so much easier for people, quite often make things worse x

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back