Awning & solar panel

David & Ann

Hi Guys, Any idea how much a brand new 5 metre awning will cost. Also, how much a Solar panel 60 watt to charge up to 110A batteries will cost. Would like to hear your advice and prices. Talk to you later

solar panel

David and ann , just seen a solar panel at towsure a 55 watt for 350 pounds.A voltage regulator is 30 pounds to run with it. Only had 4 metre awnings these were omnistor for 515 pounds.sure i have seen 5 metre for around 700 pounds.

GARY ENGLISH said:
David and ann , just seen a solar panel at towsure a 55 watt for 350 pounds.A voltage regulator is 30 pounds to run with it. Only had 4 metre awnings these were omnistor for 515 pounds.sure i have seen 5 metre for around 700 pounds.

Thanks Buddy

sammclouis said:

Hi Sam, we have a 120 watt Solar Panel on the roof, wired tothe engine battery. We then have a "battery to battery charger instead of the normal zig unit, which feeds two leasure batteries. On most days even without running the engine, we can maintain the batteries at 13 - 14 volts. We never need hook up & are completely self contained. I would recommend a battery to battery charger to any wild camper. It is infalible. We also have a battery charger in circuit that works from the mains when we are at home.
Hope this helps. Judi.

autosleeper said:
Hi Sam, we have a 120 watt Solar Panel on the roof, wired tothe engine battery. We then have a "battery to battery charger instead of the normal zig unit, which feeds two leasure batteries. On most days even without running the engine, we can maintain the batteries at 13 - 14 volts. We never need hook up & are completely self contained. I would recommend a battery to battery charger to any wild camper. It is infalible. We also have a battery charger in circuit that works from the mains when we are at home.
Hope this helps. Judi.
sounds a good set up to me.....no need to charge up & never running a low battery....we have run out completely but only once,when we were wilding it at easter for a long weekend with *****...toilet wouldnt even flush...gross hhee hhee :D :D :D we got a geni now..sammx

sammclouis said:
sounds a good set up to me.....no need to charge up & never running a low battery....we have run out completely but only once,when we were wilding it at easter for a long weekend with *****...toilet wouldnt even flush...gross hhee hhee :D :D :D we got a geni now..sammx
Generators are o.k. we have had them in the past. but they are noisy, very heavy & you need also to carry petrol, which in a Motorhome without a boot can be a problem.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back