Away tomorrow

Trevor

I am away agian tomorrow going to meet some of my mate's near Amble.
After this week I can get back to going away on Fridays instead of Saturdays
as it my last session at the stopping smoking clinic yeeeeeee haaaaaaaaaa.
Weather is looking good up here in the North East, great.:cool:

here ye go hillwalker Northumberland looks great never been on my to do list though

This is a good site and it is used on a regular basis by my self and others including dog walkers and fisherman so if you use it have respect for us as we stay here most weekends, we also know other places near to this particular site and if there are to many on it we will go to another one near by.
It is right on the seafront so if its very windy you will feel it,here are some tips so that you will have a good stay.
Dont arrive to early but it is best to get there before dark so you can get parked up and see where you are, you will hear cars but not many mostly dog walkers in the morning somtimes fishermenas well but it is a quiet spot
and its a safe spot as there is usualy other vans there safety in numbers.
you dont have to be up to early but it is best to go somewhere during the day and return later on, you can go to Amble harbour during the day its a big car park and gets full on weekends,car boot sale saturday, market sunday.
Walkworth is only a few mile along the road nice place to visit has a castle.
Another tip is take your dog and a fishing rod plus binoculars its right next to a bird sanctuary good if your a bird watcher then it dont look like your staying fulltime,there is a lot of history in this area Low Hauxly for instance where they have found Contents of Cists from the bronze age, only a short walk from this site. lastly this is a dead end unnamed road so not easy to find so i am using tom tom sat nav coordinates N 55.30649* W 1.55943 as you reach your destination look on your right hand side to see where you pull off the road, any questions contact me through wildcamping forum more sites to follow at later date. I do not take any responsibility if you choose to use this information and what i have wrote is my honest opinion of a good place to wildcamp. Best Regards, Trevor.;)
DSC03340.jpg

Last edited:
hillwalker said:
cheers pal, for the information..
Hi Hilly,
Amble is down the coast from Berwick Upon Tweed in Northumberland.
Sorry i did not get back to you i have been sorting my van out for tomorrow.
Anyway Knoxy has show'n you my photograph and write up on the place i am going, thats my van in the middle and the one on the right was my old Talbot Express, there are a lot of wildcamping spots in the Amble areaand i go there a lot in winter its about 30 mile from where i live, by the way where do you live mate.
Thanks Knoxy for that.:D

nae bother hope the weathers alright for ya it's pouring down here

knoxy said:
nae bother hope the weathers alright for ya it's pouring down here

Not here we have a good forcast for the weekend it been sunny all day.

knoxy said:
Somtimes i am away for more than a weekend there are loads of places up here so we move about so we dont draw attention to ourselves.
Its great when you know how, when i get back should have some more tom tom coordinates and info for some more stop overs in our loverly Northumbrland:)

Trevor said:
Hi Hilly,
Amble is down the coast from Berwick Upon Tweed in Northumberland.
Sorry i did not get back to you i have been sorting my van out for tomorrow.
Anyway Knoxy has show'n you my photograph and write up on the place i am going, thats my van in the middle and the one on the right was my old Talbot Express, there are a lot of wildcamping spots in the Amble areaand i go there a lot in winter its about 30 mile from where i live, by the way where do you live mate.
Thanks Knoxy for that.:D
I STAY IN HAMILTON :D :D

knoxy said:
Davy stay in ayr originally from Dalmellington and Patna

Dont blame you moving nice part of the world Ayr...now Panta and Dallmellington thats a different matter:D
60_Ray-Liotta-3.jpg

stop on the campsite at Culzean castle last year on holiday got a pitch overlooking the sea totally fantastic view used to like Dunure as well

Davy said:
stop on the campsite at Culzean castle last year on holiday got a pitch overlooking the sea totally fantastic view used to like Dunure as well

get great views from the Carrick Hills loch doon great aswell

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back