Autoroute Tolls Disabled Discounts?

carol25singer

I think that 'registered disabled' people (when the van is exempt from vehicle excise duty) can claim a discount on the toll fee on French motorways but can't find out more than that one the web. Does anyone have any further information please?

carol25singer said:
I think that 'registered disabled' people (when the van is exempt from vehicle excise duty) can claim a discount on the toll fee on French motorways but can't find out more than that one the web. Does anyone have any further information please?

http://www.autoroutes.fr/index.php?id=147#c449

maybe a 'french speaker' can make some sense from the above page, but as far as I can gather, it appears to read that everyone pays at least the fee due for a 'classe 1' vehicle, with a reduction for 'classe 2' vehicles with a disabled occupant taking the fee down to that of a 'classe 1' vehicle.

Thanks, yes that's what I understand it to mean, anyhow will try to claim it this year on our travels

As I now understand it, this discount, which is normally applicable to a vehicle carrying a disabled person, does not apply to 'campingcars'.

Tolls

That's a shame, although ours is Renault Master van conversion, so wemight 'get away with it', it's certainly worth trying, although we've just had to cancel our trip planed for next month due to health reasons, should still be able get away for short trips but will have to stay nearer to home! Even so it means loosing our ferry fare, perhaps that will teach me not to book cheap ferry crossings that can't be changed !

carol25singer said:
That's a shame, although ours is Renault Master van conversion, so wemight 'get away with it', it's certainly worth trying, although we've just had to cancel our trip planed for next month due to health reasons, should still be able get away for short trips but will have to stay nearer to home! Even so it means loosing our ferry fare, perhaps that will teach me not to book cheap ferry crossings that can't be changed !
Sorry to hear that you've had to cancel your planned trip:( , I do hope you'll at least be able to get out and about to enjoy some time in your van.:cool:

kell said:
As I now understand it, this discount, which is normally applicable to a vehicle carrying a disabled person, does not apply to 'campingcars'.

Kell

I think you will find it does apply to camping cars and vehicles up to 3500kg. There was a post on one of the other forums were a motorhomer claimed he got the concession on his 3850kg motorhome. I suppose it would be difficult for the toll both person to tell the difference.

Don

Hi Don

Maybe it depends on the peage booth operator I only showed my badge at the first Peage and was told that the reduction doesn't apply to campingcars so I didn't bother asking again, maybe I should have done.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back