Arran

jenspen

Does anyone know of any wild camping areas on Arran.
A friend is visiting for the first time and we are hoping to meet him in the next couple of weeks.
would appreciate any advice.:rolleyes: :confused:

On previous visits I,ve seen a motorhome on the jetty at Corrie.

Between Corrie and Lochranza there is an off road car park just as the road climbs over the pass to Lochranza.

The car parking area for Kildonan beach would be perfect but it displays No Overnight signs.

There are possibilities on the String road.

Might be easier to go on a camp site at either Lochranza or Kildonan and do a recce - The island is only a 50 mile round trip.

Hi jenspen
Ive stayed on the site at lochranza, its called Lochranza golf, you dont need to play golf.
If you book the site through them you will get a deal on the return ferry crossing and your site.
This area of Arran is brilliant for wildlife, you get the golden eagle up behind the distillery, otters near the corrie ferry, deer come roaming onto the site in the evening and seals are pretty much all round the island.
We stayed on the site and occasionally wild camped at different places around Arran. As long as you are considerate where you park no one seems to mind.
Drive around the island,(just one road around the perimeter and one road through it), and you will see many places to stay.
Its like going back in time, apart from Brodick the main place where you get off the ferry from Ardrossan, there is no traffic lights. there is no parking charges,its all so laid back, the perfect place to chill out.

Thanks a lot for all the info. Our friend is making his way to Arran this weekend so i will ring him and tell him. We are hoping to set off next week to meet him there. I love watching wildlife so i hope we can see some of the animals etc you have seen. Thanks again. Jen

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back