Are Some of Us Too Busy?

coventrycraig

Ok, so we know the camper is ready to go but, are some of yourselves like me very busy, working throughout the week, keeping a home, maintaining a home - diy, decoarating, gardening and most of all a spare few quid!

Now im sure somebody will be along to say they are retired and loving it, but im only 34 !

There there others like me ? and the camper is winking at you from the window, everytime I look out.

Plus, living in the midlands - "Coventry", I have my reasons to get away!

Craig

Ok, so we know the camper is ready to go but, are some of yourselves like me very busy, working throughout the week, keeping a home, maintaining a home - diy, decoarating, gardening and most of all a spare few quid!

Now im sure somebody will be along to say they are retired and loving it, but im only 34 !

There there others like me ? and the camper is winking at you from the window, everytime I look out.

Plus, living in the midlands - "Coventry", I have my reasons to get away!

Craig

yes, very busy, like you, gardening, diy, keeping a home, full time job, unlike you as i see in another one of your posts there are two of you, i'm on my own, manage the lot and manage to get out most weekends, sounds like your trying to justify getting away, you obviously work hard like i do so get out there as much and as often as you can, even if its just down the road

*J*

likewise, i'm a mere 32, i work in a pub on just above min wage and my shifts are all over the place, and fitting in housework diy gardening is tough, but i do get every other weekend off and get away in the van most of those, usually within an hour of home but at least it's away! Campsite if the kids are with us, wilding if it's me and the other half. I don't mind scrimping through the week to put the petrol in, after all, enjoying life is what it's all about, and to me spending money on enjoying ourselves (making happy memories as the kids call it) is much more important than grass seeds or wallpaper. When i reach the end of my life i don't think i'll look back and think "I wish I'd redecorated more often" and I deffo won't think "I wish i'd had less fun"!!!

It's all about priorities I suppose:D:D

There are quite a few of us hard working people with campers. You work hard so you can enjoy yourself just a few short times a year. That`s life! I`ve just bought my first ever campervan. Can`t drive it until the insurance kicks in, but have planned ahead for this September. Will take us off to Cornwall, Dartmoor and Isle of Purbeck for a fourtnight. Until then we will have a few short weekends away just to get us into the swing of things. If you are serious about camping, sometimes other things at home just take a backseat, get sorted some other time. Priorotising is a personal thing and everyone will have their own set of rules on that. Unfortunately we have to earn the cash during the week if we want to enjoy ourselves at weekends and on hollidays.
Get a life and enjoy it!

well I'm 35 and there just aren't enough hours in the day, fulltime job but fortunately work from home so no times wasted communting, cars to fix (swapped gearbox this weekend on the Alfa) garden to sort out, motorhome with loads of little jobs needing done, house that's the same, kids etc etc....

looking to escape next weekend though even though wifey is working, me and the kids are gonna hit the hills :cool:

im 35 self employed car repair spray painter
work is very quiet at the moment
so we head off asmuch as we can
every week lol
im from shropshire so not to far away from wales
were off tommorow for a week around north wales rain or shine we dont care its away in the van and we love it

Nike - Just Do It

Well, the best advice I can offer is you're a long time dead so don't waste the life you have by putting too much pressure on yourself. Chillax a bit.

Unless absolutely necessary, that repair (or other job you had to do) can wait til you get back when you're feeling mentally refreshed and more able to do the job in a shorter time anyway.

Enjoy life :cool:

My wife and I are retired, but we hardly get a moment to ourselves! what with heading a large family, running a charity shop, looking after 3 dogs, 6 cats, fish and 2 parrots, hosting family events, hairdressing, Being the MC at charity events and trying to budget, household chores etc, etc, etc. No wonder we need a break now and then. One of the reasons for my meet in September, is to 'unwind'. Grab every opportunity to get out and chill! The Land Rover club have a motto: One life, Live it! Stop whingeing....Get out there!!!!
Paol.

My wife and I are retired, but we hardly get a moment to ourselves! what with heading a large family, running a charity shop, looking after 3 dogs, 6 cats, fish and 2 parrots, .....

Wooohooo, never expected to find other parrot people on here :)

Have you ever taken your two in the van with you??? I get into terrible trouble when I get home for leaving mine alone, so I thought of maybe taking him with me sometime :)

Jane
...workaholic who needs to 'get out more', to stay on-topic ;-)

I have 15 large-breed French Lop rabbits which also makes it hard to get away (and they can't come with me!). Just a night away means a day of military planning, preparing extra food bowls, bottles and litter trays...

Osiyo Janeyjane,
Ours are little ones, Love birds as they are known. I used to have my barn owl with me all the time. She sat on a log on the front passenger seat and spooked the hell out of other drivers, especially at traffic lights! along with a 3 legged fox and a white Siamese cat peering out the back window, I must have caused a few near misses as i drove nonchalantly by! I used to be in animal rescue and often had a hedgehog or a bat in my pocket. I now walk 3 dogs and 5 of my 6 cats come too! My neighbours call me Dr Doolittle. I need a break!!!!!! Gimme some camping!!!! Paol.

Yeah, we are tied, too. Can't get away nearly as often as I'd like. We have two school age daughters and temperamental bearded dragon. .... Actually the dragon is no problem.
Roll on the summer hols!

Imagine the grief the tuggers have to endure, all of a sudden our workload disappears, well, almost.:)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back