Anyone you know ?

guerdeval

My wife found this on a Spanish site yesterday, at least it’s off the highway.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2024-03-02 at 09.57.35.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-03-02 at 09.57.35.jpeg
    638.1 KB · Views: 195
  • WhatsApp Image 2024-03-02 at 09.57.27.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-03-02 at 09.57.27.jpeg
    543.6 KB · Views: 188
Oh dear. Not a good one to recover from if the trailer is goosed. Even if the bike is ridable if only one of you can ride it and drive the van which would be our situation your leaving something behind.

On a serious note this happened to me in France but at least it was just a pushbike, I’m CERTAIN the Atera Strada rack was fitted correctly as it had travelled over 1000 miles from Spain without issue but I was approaching a village and there were a series of speed bumps and a train line crossing which I believe set up some kind of ‘resonance’ and the rack and bike just flipped right off still in the locked position, it landed upright without damage but it goes to show nothing is infallible.

On a serious note this happened to me in France but at least it was just a pushbike, I’m CERTAIN the Atera Strada rack was fitted correctly as it had travelled over 1000 miles from Spain without issue but I was approaching a village and there were a series of speed bumps and a train line crossing which I believe set up some kind of ‘resonance’ and the rack and bike just flipped right off still in the locked position, it landed upright without damage but it goes to show nothing is infallible.

Yep the dreaded French speed bumps. Awful if you catch one unawares with a bike on the back. Touch wood our Armitage rack is still going strong after 16 years of use on the same van.

Yep the dreaded French speed bumps. Awful if you catch one unawares with a bike on the back. Touch wood our Armitage rack is still going strong after 16 years of use on the same van.
Worse in Spain...

Yesterday on a straight as a die 90kph limit road I encountered a speed bump. No warning sign or apparent reason. And most of the painted surface had worn away. At night it would have been invisible.

Fortunately an almost emergency stop allowed me to reduce speed sufficient that I crossed it at about 40kph. Didn't half shake up me, the 'van and its contents!

I discovered today the only apparent result. The rubber protective strip between the spare wheel cover and the rear panel had been part dislodged.

There followed many more such speed bumps for the next 10 kilometres or so at every kilometer or so. Most were unmarked though a few had very badly faded warning signs on approach.

Absolutely bonkers!

Today, heading west towards Huelva along the coast the road had a bumpy road sign - for 52Km!! And it was indeed bumpy. 70kph absolute tops to save my fillings!

Reactions: REC
It was the bike trailer that snapped, I saw this yesterday on another site as they were asking if anyone knew where they could buy another trailer or get that one welded back up,
But as you say it was strapped well to the trailer

Cut the wheel off jock wheel unbolt clip handle push bar through tube . 2 x M10 bolts jobs a gooden.

Came the opposite way east past Huelva a day or so ago! Road was incredibly bumpy and our fillings only just survived!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back