Anybody had good insurance quotes

firefighter

Had a £10000 talbot swift: insurance £150 a year, now got a £40000 Compass Castaway and they want £350 a year. Maybe its just me bein' Scottish:eek: but is that too dear and has anyone out there had a better quote for the same kinda valued van:confused: I've tried the "confused.com" site but not gettin results and some other companies just don't like motorhomes. I know everyone in camperland will have come through this so I'd be dead grateful for any advice and if we meet up I'll get the drinks in:D :D Ta......Davie

I have a Trigano Tribute 2.3 JTD, 30K value. I was with Park Home Insurance, cost £280 Fully Comp. But only last month i changed to Caravan Guard, £229 Fully Comp, inc UK Breakdown assistance, and a new for old policy. If my van is written off or stolen they will refund me the cost of a brand new Trigano Tribute, whatever the current cost may be.
PLus the usual cover for contents & accessories fitted to van.
I phoned round everywhere, but could not beat this deal.

camper Insurance

Try safe guard. we shopped around and found these to be the cheapest and our friends are with them too.
Lou

this year i went with adrian flux as he was the only one i could find at the time that covered me for travel to and from work as i use my camper as every day transport i was with saga but they will not include commuting in there policy

Try Caravan Guard, cost me £400:00 last year for a £50k Laika inc. U.K. & European breakdown cover, renewal due last month, when I rang them they asked me if I had reversing sensors or rear view camera when I told them yes I have a camera they gave me a 15% discount, they also gave me a further discount for being a member of UK Campsite.co.uk (every little bit helps)

Thanx

Thanx for replies, I've just come off the phone a few moments ago from "Caravan Guard" with a quote of £270. Turns out they're from somewhere in Halifax and very competitive with their quotes and the wee lass on the phone with the west country accent was really helpful. Thanx again to all:D :D

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back