Another Newbie

jandmwales

Hi
I would like to introduce myself and swmbo (John and Mo) we are hoping to get a camper in April or May and we were thinking of buying a Japanese import from Wellhouse Leisure they sell Bongo's and Hiaces was thinking of a Hitop Hiace and was wondering if there are any members with experience or views on these vehicles.
We intend to do as much wild camping as possible as we are walkers and birders and we love Scotland or just about anywhere wild and out of the way.

John

Welcome aboard. Not sure about your choice of vehicle as i've never owned one of them but the thing I can tell you from experience having owned several Japanese cars and 4x4's is that they do not have rust on them if they are imported because due to the Japanese weatherthey do not have salt on their roads. They are very reliable vehicles too.

jandmwales said:
Hi
I would like to introduce myself and swmbo (John and Mo) we are hoping to get a camper in April or May and we were thinking of buying a Japanese import from Wellhouse Leisure they sell Bongo's and Hiaces was thinking of a Hitop Hiace and was wondering if there are any members with experience or views on these vehicles.
We intend to do as much wild camping as possible as we are walkers and birders and we love Scotland or just about anywhere wild and out of the way.

John
Hi Jandmwales,
Welcome to the forum, I do know that the Japanese M O T is very strict and if a vehicle has as much as a spot of rust it is classed as scrap.;)

jandmwales said:
Hi

John
hi welcome john & mo :)

I feel the need.....

jandmwales said:
Hi

John

:D <--Tongue in cheek....I wouldn't buy one as all Japanese vehicles are restricted to 180kmh (112.5mph):D;):D

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back