Android Auto and Maps.me

Elfit

Hi all. I'm new to all of this so please bear with me.
I have a 2021 Ducato and use Android Auto with my Samsung Android phone to display the phone's satnav on the vehicle screen.
I've just downloaded Maps.me and have successfully imported the POI files. So far so good.
Is it possible to "tell" Android Auto to use the Maps.me app rather than google maps? If so how do I do this.
Alternatively is there a better way of displaying the Maps.me app on the vehicle screen or is there another way that I can have a map with the POIs displaying on the dash?
Many thanks

Trev, try downloading Organic Maps. It is Maps.me without the ads and you can use the POI on it just the same.
Tried it but it wants google, I have no google spyware on my pure android as all spyware is removed, I use duckduck go which google or playstore block because I will not allow them my private information, thanks for the heads up.

Hi all. I'm new to all of this so please bear with me.
I have a 2021 Ducato and use Android Auto with my Samsung Android phone to display the phone's satnav on the vehicle screen.
I've just downloaded Maps.me and have successfully imported the POI files. So far so good.
Is it possible to "tell" Android Auto to use the Maps.me app rather than google maps? If so how do I do this.
Alternatively is there a better way of displaying the Maps.me app on the vehicle screen or is there another way that I can have a map with the POIs displaying on the dash?
Many thanks
It seems not at the moment. Google Maps, Waze and a beta Sygic are all that will work https://www.androidpolice.com/2021/...id-auto-to-compete-with-google-maps-and-waze/

I don’t know about Android Auto but with Apple CarPlay not all mapping software is compatible. The apps have to be written specifically for the job and not all developers bother. I have seen some internet references to maps.me working with CarPlay but not Auto.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back