ammeters

Slim

In 1972 I had to scrap my beloved Mk1 transit I kept some of the interior (just in case) yesterday I came across My double ammeter console, I,m thinking about using it on my current van, I can get a wiring diagram of titernet for single ammeter, do I just double it up for leisure battery?. Help please........Or perhaps its not worth doing wojathink????

Just my opinion.:)

But I think a voltmeter is much more use.

I also had an ammmeter on my Morris Minor 1000... but that was a very long time ago.
They were fitted to vehicles with dynamo's to check that it was charging the battery as dynamo's were not high output and could be defeated by to many things turned on.
I got my LED voltmeter from ebay and have wired 2 push button switches to it so that it shows volts in each battery (vehicle and leisure).

All am ammeter will show is how much charge is going in, and then how much is coming out - which you'll know by what you've switched on! Then there's the fire risk of such thick cables going all the way from the battery up the gauge and back again.

At least a volt meter will give you some idea of when the battery is fully charged and when it's starting to go flat, AND it can be coupled up with thin cable.

Both gauges have there uses in a diagnostic sense, but if you have no problems, then there's nothing to diagnose.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back