Altering water level prpbes

On my Auto-sleeper the gauges for fresh and grey are pretty useless tbh, but to avoid water coming up in the shower I fitted an overflow to the grey tank, when that starts to drop water it means it needs emptying but also tells me there’s 15litres left in the fresh tank.

On my Auto-sleeper the gauges for fresh and grey are pretty useless tbh, but to avoid water coming up in the shower I fitted an overflow to the grey tank, when that starts to drop water it means it needs emptying but also tells me there’s 15litres left in the fresh tank.
I don't have indicators on the waste tank and personally have never missed them.
I also think that manufacturers tend set the sensors incorrectly. I certainly don't need a sensor telling me the tank is full of empty. If it's full it overflows and if it's empty I know because Ive run out, something like 20%,40%,60% I'd find more useful.

On my Auto-Sleeper if you fill the fresh water to 100% and then drive some splashes out and the gauge says your down to 75% as soon as a cup full is lost, put a cup full in the grey tank and it says 25% full.

It once said the grey was 50% and water welled up in the shower.

Now I’ve put in the grey overflow that can’t happen, and as I said as soon as the grey overflows I need to fill the fresh, I’m normally wilding on at race circuits, were I use a run off so it ain’t much of a deal either way.

Lime scale on the probes messes mine up, when they start random readings a quick descale and they're back working again.

After a lengthy wait I finally got this from Sargent:

Hi Richard,
If you reduce the dimension of the water probe studs, the water levels will not show up correctly on the Sargent panel any longer.
Kind regards,

Technical Support

-well I've made the cuts now and to be honest if it doesn't work accurately afterwards it won't be much different to before 😏

After a lengthy wait I finally got this from Sargent:

Hi Richard,
If you reduce the dimension of the water probe studs, the water levels will not show up correctly on the Sargent panel any longer.
Kind regards,

Technical Support

-well I've made the cuts now and to be honest if it doesn't work accurately afterwards it won't be much different to before 😏
Well personally I wouldn't have asked!
Maybe they're not considering that the depth of your new tank has changed or no one from officialdom wants to say "yes, it's fine to cut the probes" just in case they misunderstand the situation and they get in trouble if you make a counter claim.
Pretty typical ignorance and/or ass covering TBF.
Pretty obvious what the function of the rods is so if all the electronics in the receiver is working properly then it'll work 👍
If you want to test it before installing in the new tank then you could do that by lowering the probes into a bucket of water, after connecting them up of course 😊

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back