Allendale kite festival

lenny

Thinking about a weekend in Allendale next weekend and maybe take in the kite festival;),(must admit ,I,ve never ever got one up in the air:eek::() ,I notice "Plankey Mill" is nearby:cool:, It,s apparantly a riverside spot I,ve always intended to visit,but never got round to it:rolleyes:, so maybe we can kill two birds with one stone:cool:

http://www.tynedale.gov.uk/residents/findeventresults.asp?eventid=1866

Anyone got any advice on the area?, looks very remote which suits me fine;):)

Kite festy

Will probably be up for that Lenny, we are in Shields for a few days so can perhaps meet up and will follow you there.

Will probably be up for that Lenny, we are in Shields for a few days so can perhaps meet up and will follow you there.

Sounds good to me,Ian;), I,ll do a bit of researching and keep you informed:cool:

I notice "Plankey Mill" is nearby:cool:, It,s apparantly a riverside spot I,ve always intended to visit,but never got round to it:rolleyes:, so maybe we can kill two birds with one stone:cool:
The last time I went to Plankey Mill the farmer would not let us on he said the ground was to wet, never been back since.
There must be a lot of wildcamping at Allendale, I remember seeing a good few places to pull in but never stayed there.

The last time I went to Plankey Mill the farmer would not let us on he said the ground was to wet, never been back since.
There must be a lot of wildcamping at Allendale, I remember seeing a good few places to pull in but never stayed there.

Cheers,Trev, think I,ll give it a go anyway:rolleyes:,if not I,ll just scour the area in daylight to find somewhere suitable, although whilst studying a map of the area,I can,t see a carpark,picnic area, or even a pub:eek::rolleyes:(there must be a PH in Allendale)???

Anyway,Trev, good to hear from you again,any news on the van and you ,yourself getting out and about. (You must be pulling your hair out:eek:)???

=
lenny;42719]Cheers,Trev, think I,ll give it a go anyway:rolleyes:,if not I,ll just scour the area in daylight to find somewhere suitable, although whilst studying a map of the area,I can,t see a carpark,picnic area, or even a pub:eek::rolleyes:(there must be a PH in Allendale)???
I am sure you will find somewhere Lenny, you are good at the wildcamping lark now mate.

Anyway,Trev, good to hear from you again,any news on the van and you ,yourself getting out and about. (You must be pulling your hair out:D
I am not planing to get back on the road untill Spring, and that is not for certain.
feels like my wings have been clipped.:eek:
Good luck with the kite flying and have a good one. ;)

I must work

Thinking about a weekend in Allendale next weekend and maybe take in the kite festival;),(must admit ,I,ve never ever got one up in the air) ,I notice "Plankey Mill" is nearby, It,s apparantly a riverside spot I,ve always intended to visit,but never got round to it:rolleyes:, so maybe we can kill two birds with one stone

http://www.tynedale.gov.uk/residents/findeventresults.asp?eventid=1866

Anyone got any advice on the area?, looks very remote which suits me fine;):)

I,ve had to cancel my plans for the above weekend:( cos I had to give in to the boss and work this weekend:eek::mad:, never mind ,the extra dosh will help pay for the Hayfield meet at the end of the month;):)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back