Air con unit

Scotia

Has anyone used this Eurom ac2401e split air con unit before, I'm aware some have a roof unit but interested in feedback from this particular unit and does it do a decent job.
Screenshot_20240407_124403_eBay.jpg
https://www.manomano.co.uk/silent-p...59M88mXSKscu_INeEEukcu_J88ZG2MdAaAhLDEALw_wcB

Tis a bit on the large side, in our 3rd van I took one of the air coolers with us, about as big as one part of the above but only needed 100w so ran of a tiny inverter, we were quite impressed by it, but I managed to drop it and we never got around to getting another, sorry no name springs to mind.

Similar to this

Last edited:
The evaporative types can work reasonably well IF the ambient humidity is low ...
Not usually the case in the UK if that's where you'll be using it ...

The umbilical types (indoor outdoor) CAN be quieter than the all in one types IF the compressor is in the outside bit (most have the compressor inside )

Personally speaking I'd avoid anything with the compressor inside as it doesn't make for a peaceful time when it's running .

The evaporative types can work reasonably well IF the ambient humidity is low ...
Not usually the case in the UK if that's where you'll be using it ...

The umbilical types (indoor outdoor) CAN be quieter than the all in one types IF the compressor is in the outside bit (most have the compressor inside )

Personally speaking I'd avoid anything with the compressor inside as it doesn't make for a peaceful time when it's running .
It would be outwith the UK in Summer, don't think I would need it in Scotland, I'll ask the question what side the compressor is fitted.😉

I’m sure Phil @Admin had a split cooler unit similar to this , could have been a “cool my camper” but wasn’t good for large area

When we were in the south of France in August one year our kids were overheated, one fainted and we just spent the day in the river up to our necks, wearing hats. I said to myself this is ridiculous, where's cool? Oh, I know. the Alps. So we upped sticks and drove back northwards to the Alps. I had bought a digital thermometer and had a probe sticking out the window as we drove along. It was 43 C when we started, and hard to breathe. When we got up to the foothills of the Alps the temperature dropped to 38, and we could start to breathe easier.
Part way up the Alps we saw an Aire, with pictures of tents and caravans crossed out, and a picture of a motorhome with a tick. That was the moment when I decided that a campervan was preferable to a caravan and haven't wanted a caravan since.
So my preference would be that if you are too hot, get in the driver's seat and go somewhere cool or jump in the river. Or spend the middle of the day in a supermarket, that's another option. My current mh has a built in air con and I have never used it, and don't intend to. For one thing it requires 230v which means being on a camp site and paying and for another, it weighs 38kg which equates to the potential to carry 38 litres extra of water.
I must admit though that this idea of a split air con looks good - but of course you will need some storage space to carry it around and it will reduce the living area when it's set up.

We have a roof mounted Waeco Easy Cool twin system, ie, cooler and blown hot air. In a nutshell, it's brilliant! It takes about 5 minutes to be effective either way, in cooling or heating the 7mtre mh.
The fan may be a bit noisy for some at bedtime but it does cut out when the desired temperature is reached.

We came slightly unstuck last week, we went into the Tesco under store carpark in Chesterfield, the exit had a floating height barrier set at 8'8", the mh plus air conditioner measures 9' high. It was the slowest drive out of a parking area we have ever done! 🤣🤣
Thankfully, no damage done but plenty of grating noises and banging.

When we were in the south of France in August one year our kids were overheated, one fainted and we just spent the day in the river up to our necks, wearing hats. I said to myself this is ridiculous, where's cool? Oh, I know. the Alps. So we upped sticks and drove back northwards to the Alps. I had bought a digital thermometer and had a probe sticking out the window as we drove along. It was 43 C when we started, and hard to breathe. When we got up to the foothills of the Alps the temperature dropped to 38, and we could start to breathe easier.
Part way up the Alps we saw an Aire, with pictures of tents and caravans crossed out, and a picture of a motorhome with a tick. That was the moment when I decided that a campervan was preferable to a caravan and haven't wanted a caravan since.
So my preference would be that if you are too hot, get in the driver's seat and go somewhere cool or jump in the river. Or spend the middle of the day in a supermarket, that's another option. My current mh has a built in air con and I have never used it, and don't intend to. For one thing it requires 230v which means being on a camp site and paying and for another, it weighs 38kg which equates to the potential to carry 38 litres extra of water.
I must admit though that this idea of a split air con looks good - but of course you will need some storage space to carry it around and it will reduce the living area when it's set up.

Thats always been my method also. I remember being about 40 miles north of Venice in a heatwave one August and it was 40c+. No escape and the evenings were hot also. Drove up the Alps and an hour or so later it was 28c. The good thing about altitude also is the nights are nearly always cooler and much more bearable. Even in central France you can be 3000ft up on the Massif Central and not realise it. Elevation is key!

Back