advice needed re shower pump problem.

jonwrx

hi
i have a compass avantgarde 400 2005 model.

the kitchen sink tap works fine on the leisure battery and mains however, in order to use the bathroom mixer tap i have to open the kitchen sink tap slightly so the motor engages then the shower tap works.

does anyone know the reason why.. this hasnt always been the case. the shower did work on its own in the past.

thanks jon

hi

the kitchen sink tap works fine on the leisure battery and mains however, in order to use the bathroom mixer tap i have to open the kitchen sink tap slightly so the motor engages then the shower tap works.

does anyone know the reason why.. this hasnt always been the case. the shower did work on its own in the past.

thanks jon
Sounds like you have taps with microswitches in them and the switch in the shower tap has failed, or the wiring to it has become disconnected.

AndyC

Have a look under the taps and see if there are two wires coming down - if there you have 12V contacts inside the tap to turn the pump on. Check that the circuit is live first before pulling them apart or replacing them - nothing like finding a wire waving in the breeze!! If no wires you have a pressure actuator system, which would need looking at.

Its possible to repair some 12V taps - the contacts get a layer of green slime forming on them or in worst case they just corrode away.

You remove the cover on the top of the tap (the hot/cold plugs), then the tap will come apart, clean up and maybe some smears of vaseline or a good waterproof grease.

Does any water come out of the tap when you open it? I had a similar problem with my shower head, when I turned the tap on; it dribbled and occasionally the pump came on, when I disconected the head from the pipe the water gushed out like a gooden.. I found debris in the shower head which was restricting the flow...therefore the pump didnt have the presure drop to keep the pump running..hopefully not the solution you need but just in case it might do it for you..

hi

thanks jon

I've got the same problem in reverse. Initially the kitchen tap would only work in 'cold' mode then not at all.
The pump is O.K., hot & cold in toilet sink and shower, flush O.K. but nothing at all in the kitchen sink now unless I activate the pump as the O.P.:confused::confused:

m_e014aa49cf1031dc6125fc267e3e0a68.jpg
Arse of a thing.:(

Water comes out of the shower when kitchen tap opened. So the shower isn't blocked up.

I've Just found the wire loose under tap as previously mentioned.

Think that will be my problem.

Many thanks jon

There are loose wires under mine as well, but there are loose identical ones under the taps that work also??:confused::confused:

FrJack.jpg

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back