Adria water filler cap not locking

UFO

The water filler cap on my 2009 Adria Twin will not lock. The key turns in the lock but the cap does not lock. I think it worked when I bought it but the van was used so I did not get the full 'training' on all the bits and pieces. Is there some sequence of twists and turns that I should follow with the cap?

check the mouth of the filler isnt loose as you be turning it forever:D
mine came loose on the weekend so glued it back in place now locks ok:rolleyes:

I am on me second van and neither has ever locked properly, no matter which way you turn um. but as mine is under a flap I dont get too stressed about it. The locking tumbler comes out with key as well. They are just a rubbish item. however as all my locks are suited......... what do you do.

Take it back to the dealer and show him. You should get a replacement.

As has been said, they are rubbish. I had the same problem on my last van.

I had a problem with my water filler cap on my Adria, I took the thing apart & put vaseline on to loosen it up.Looking how it works on mine there is no definite position where you know the key locks it. The key just keeps turning, I figured out that when it was locked I needed to turn the key 180 degrees to unlock it. Most times when we are filling the tank we just lift the seat & undo the big blue cap then just pour it in.

My Adria filler cap didn't stay locked either. I'm on my second replacement now, which sometimes works fine and at other times just opens without resistance whilst locked. I think they are just a poor design.
Try soaking it in hot water and spraying a harmless lube in. Rinse well afterwards though to avoid tasting it in the water.

My Adria filler cap didn't stay locked either. I'm on my second replacement now, which sometimes works fine and at other times just opens without resistance whilst locked. I think they are just a poor design.
Try soaking it in hot water and spraying a harmless lube in. Rinse well afterwards though to avoid tasting it in the water.

thanks I tried soaking in hot water and on turning the key it appears to be trying to engage with something inside - but still not working so I will see if I can get a replacement - van is less that 1 year old.

They do seem to be a bit 'unpredictable' to say the least.:mad:

I just leave mine unlocked now ,'just in case'. Sheehite articles they are indeed!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back