Add to Reputation vs "thank you" button

• Thread starter Deleted member 2636
  • Start date
http://www.wildcamping.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=4350

Now this is a very useful post; in the absence of the "Thank You" button I tried to add to Hogan's reputation.
When I first viewed his post he had 1 reputation point so plus my add on should make it 2?
It still shows as 1
Does anyone know if the "Rep" button still works?
I didn't know there was one ? Where is it, or is it hiding together with 'thank you' and having an affair ? Thank you my Reputation is gone ? LOL :D

I didn't know there was one ? Where is it, or is it hiding together with 'thank you' and having an affair ? Thank you my Reputation is gone ? LOL :D

Top right hand corner of each post is a # followed by a number - then a set of scales - then a warning triangle & that's there as a quick link for anyone to report a post.

reputation button
member rating
and so on whats the point of it all?
we just want to talk.dont we ?
and say THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTRESTING POSTS.
so the return of the thanky you button would be of more use
rather than being judged or segrigated in some way

Rep Points

Yea rep points are a strange thing. On the American Dodge Caliber ForumZ, I am an Elite Member due to all my postings &gettin Rep points back from other members, cos they like what I have to say.... But thats the Americans for you!!! Oh yea I do own a Dodge Caliber..... But It , or the Skoda Fabia Estate , of my wifes, will have to go when I find a decent Elgrand Or Stepwgn Camper... still looking!!!:cool:

Thanks button

reputation button
member rating
and so on whats the point of it all?
we just want to talk.dont we ?
and say THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTRESTING POSTS.
so the return of the thanky you button would be of more use
rather than being judged or segrigated in some way

Have to agree with you there t&s. Would prefer to see a 'Thanks' button, similarly placed to the 'Quote' button.

Phil Admin has said that despite his best efforts the B. Thank You button doesn't want to play.

I thought that in the absence of it that the Reputation button might be a useful substitute? I believe that it was used extensively in the past.

There are a lot of good posts on here and one would like to say "thank you". The trouble is that the replies end up looking like RIP posts that one sees on other forums: In other words, a totally meaningless sentiment.

I don't think the thank you button exists now, when we agreed to go back to the old server, you remember its was what the majority wanted because there was a lot of teething problems with new server;)

I thought that in the absence of it that the Reputation button might be a useful substitute? I believe that it was used extensively in the past.

Most people don't know that it exists or just don't use it, maybe its because you don't receive any notification that someone has left you a rep.
Also it can could cause disharmony if you receive a negative rep
Take a look at your rep Phil and see if it still works.

I have tried giving Rep to some of you guys, Then checked back--- Nothing !!! I dont know what a Thank you button is , But I dont think the Rep . is working either. Oh !! I never give Negative Rep... If I dont like it , I will just ignore the Post!!!

I have tried giving Rep to some of you guys, Then checked back--- Nothing !!! I dont know what a Thank you button is , But I dont think the Rep . is working either. Oh !! I never give Negative Rep... If I dont like it , I will just ignore the Post!!!
Take a look at your rep now mate see if you got mine that i sent you.;)

The reason I had to remove the thanks button was because the database lost all the previous data on who had posted and recieved thanks.

I have enabled it again and I will have to try and reconstruct it from back ups when I get time.

thanks

Phil
Thanks for replacing the TA! button.

Much better system and it lets people acknowledge helpful posts and comments easily.

Dont give youself too much work in backdating etc.

Your efforts are appreciated in sensible moderating

Happy days

Weez
Tony

Thank you button

Great to see it's back well done admin,Andy:):):)

The reason I had to remove the thanks button was because the database lost all the previous data on who had posted and recieved thanks.

I have enabled it again and I will have to try and reconstruct it from back ups when I get time.

Many thank Phil - Its a great system. I would have replied sooner but have been staying at the Hotel Splendide de Grande Luxe; (a 6 star establishment) because it's the only place that Mrs BtB will use :D Needless to say, with place of such magnificence, they didn't have working WiFi...

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back