About to embark on a new adventure

REC

Just put our home on the market, arranging contents into storage when house is sold. (Very hopeful viewing today, second viewing booked...fingers crossed) Then, off in van to stay at our place in Portugal for a couple of months, travel round Europe and back to Uk to give out Xmas gifts and check on the aged parents. Off to NewZealand via Thailand then till mid Feb. Hope to get a main home somewhere after that, or may travel more in the van. Really want to upgrade the van, cant afford the one we want, so OH will do a conversion....once we have a base to work from! Lots of room for things to change or go wrong, but life is for living!
Found lots of useful tips on the site about mail, addresses and staying legal. Its been a bit of an eyeopener to realise all the things we need to consider when we have no base UK address! :dance::dance:

We did just that, in 1999.
Sold up, bought our first motorhome and planned to be out and about for up to 3 years.
We bought a place in Portugal, after full-timing for 5 years.
Oh boy! Have we had some adventures?
Most of them pleasant.
Go for It.
Good luck to you.

It all sounds so wonderful and exciting.
I recently met a young couple wilding with two children who were about to embark on a years adventure. They said most of their family thought they were mad, but I gave them as much encouragement as possible and some tips.
I am unable to do a big trip like this, family ties, so do lots of travelling in small bites.
The very best of luçk to you and may your adventures be many.
Please keep a journal so you can read it in your dotage.....not sure how accessible blogs will still be.

Already in my dotage Moonraker!! But have kept a journal since having our van, and also in Portugal for last ten years! Don't think we will end up fulltiming for long but more for long periods, if that makes sense! If we manage to get a base in UK to do the van conversion we plan to go for longer, but life is for making plans and changing them!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back