A thank you for a great website

wildweekend

Hi everyone, first post on here so hope I’m doing it right, posting on the relevant thread etc. Just came back from a long weekend around the far north west. Loads of wild camping spots all over the place. You just have to pick one that suits you. Our preference is for a spot well off the road with a little water near by. We have tried waking up to beautiful hill views, which is very nice, but if you can include a little stream or loch side its all the better.
We drove up to the Kyle of Tongue ( only 6 hours from home ) and stayed the night on the west side then the next night it was Glen Carron and the shore of Loch Duigaill, final night was spent at the bottom of Cluanie Dam about 800 metres from the main road.
We sometimes park up in places you cant get to without four wheel drive but these spots mentioned were all accessible to normal vans.
I would like to thank everyone who posts here as I especially started our highland trip at Tongue after read on this site there were good spots to be had there and it gave me the confidence to drive past many fine wild camping spots on the way up in the certain knowledge that I would find a great spot at my chosen destination.
I have posted some pictures of our rig and last weekends camping spots if anyone’s interested at Camping picture by underwood_bucket - Photobucket

Cheers for now and keep sharing those wild spots.:)

Wildweekend

hi, & welcome, thanks for those good pictures and info.
Regards & happy camping, Nig.

Fantastic Photo's.. getting the buzz myslf now.

Going upto Dunnet Bay then through to Durness and then onto the Isle of Skye in October..

Found some nice places to stay in the wild camping book of Scotland. looks like they missed this area..lol
Looks like i will be heading around the Isle Of Tongue area..

Fantastic !!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back