a rest

irenerobbie

its wild weather in scotland. i've timed it right. not in the van but house sitting. a bath , internet and a good wine cellar. is anybody happier than me this weekend but will i get itchy feet before the two weeks are up? probably

its wild weather in scotland. i've timed it right. not in the van but house sitting. a bath , internet and a good wine cellar. is anybody happier than me this weekend but will i get itchy feet before the two weeks are up? probably

Take your advice; because that wild Scottish weather became now a wild Flemish weather:eek:. Aren't Scots and Flemish sharing everithing ?(we have only a difference in lions colour):D. And the weather; you allways shift it towards us. Thanks :rolleyes:

Colours

what colour is your lion, belgian?

Black on a yellow field. The 'Belgian' lion is just the opposite: yellow on a black field (Flemish are allways against the grain !) :D. They both should have red claws and tongues. (but they stick them out too much):p

lions on flags

the scottish lion rampant is red and yellow. it is the kings flag of ancient times and can only be used with permission of the king(i don't know which king) but no one told me that fact when i put one on my last sand castle

lions and roosters

You made the picture Irene,
Put a Belgian lion on a sandcastle and what is left: a Flemish lion and a Walloon rooster :confused:
For the Walloon rooster (red rooster on yellow field) is the only animal crying off load on a dunghill.:D Sorry, couldn't resist :p Belgian yoke and problem :D:D

dense

belgian, please don't be insulted but i haven't got a clue what your on about.it may be my lack of humour or intelligence or both. sorry

belgian, please don't be insulted but i haven't got a clue what your on about.it may be my lack of humour or intelligence or both. sorry
No problem, I understand nobody else can understand the situation in this little apecountry.:p Someday Belgium will have a divorce and split up in Fanders and Wallonia (and Brussels between). :rolleyes:
As the symbol of Wallonia (French speaking part) is a red rooster (where they got it ?) we Flemish are joking them with the rooster being the only animal daring to sit on the top of a dunghill. No worries as long as we can laugh with each other we will not fight it off.
'l'union fait la farce' :D:rolleyes:

mish mash

that does sound complicated but now i understand.we scots know a thing or two about fighting over borders, we've been doing it for hundreds of years.at least mel gibson got a good movie out of it

that does sound complicated but now i understand.we scots know a thing or two about fighting over borders, we've been doing it for hundreds of years.at least mel gibson got a good movie out of it

Well I think we are all queueing to join up with you now. Its the free prescriptions, but how come all our dentist are Scottish? do they not like looking in your mouthes, or is it a sadistic national revenge campaign.

i would go for the sadistic argument. do you know we also get free bus travel any where in scotland after age 60. i,m trying to work out a cunning plan, combining free public transport and wild camping, any suggestions. you have ten years to work it out for me

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back