A Little Goes A Long Way

snowgoose

;) Good evening all,can I tell you a wee tale, whilst camped up outside Portreath [cornwall] a young German couple asked if I could help them, they had run out of water & there battery was flat[forgot to turn off the cool box].So I shared my water with them & got them started,as it was lateish & I had just knocked up a large pan of curry I shared it with them & had a good evening.Any way next morning they thanked me & said they were back home in 3/4 days time & would like to give me a copy of their BIBLE !!!!! alarm bells started ringing, as they moved of they passed it to me with a large smile.It looked like an office folder so I opened it what a surprise there was close on 60 pages of wild & not so wild camping sites thro out the British Isles.
It appears to be compiled by a couple of Dutchmen, whilst I can't track there actual site I have found the overall site address,now some of you may allready be aware of it others may not so here it is you can have some fun one night going thro it & I mean one nite it is comprehensive.

www.camperplus info
The guy who compiled this list is called-----Ruterbooy nl/wildcamping.
Sorry to be long winded but have fun.
Steuart.

I know of the site. I emailed his listings from his webpage to myself ( is that legal? :( ) and printed off all the Scotland pages for our recent trip up there.:)
Try this link :- www.rutgerbooy.nl/wildcamping

Last edited:
swingsandroundabouts said:
I know of the site. I emailed his listings from his webpage to myself ( is that legal? :( ) and printed off all the Scotland pages for our recent trip up there.:)
Try this link :- www.rutgerbooy.nl/wildcamping

Hi just tried this address first got told "could'nt be found" then re-routed to homepage but it was all "Doubledutch":confused: nothing looked like camping just a load of what appeared fashion items!!!! What have I done wrong.

Steuart.

Hi
Just clicked on the link, clicked on homepage and then on the title that includes van camper!!
Just added it to my favorites, fantastic site. Thanks Guys.
:D :D :D

Wild camping list

I've just printed the list off. There are more on than the last time I saw it.
I did notice that quite a few of the new places are what I originally put on Wild camping for Motorhomes site!!!

snowgoose

Snowgoose- did you get there in the end? click on homepage, then on the Union Jack and it will redirect you to the English page. I didn't know how to do the direct link to that.:( .;)

Hi

It seems that the listings on the German site seems to have a lot in common with the listings on this site!

Ver Sprung Technic

swingsandroundabouts said:
Snowgoose- did you get there in the end? click on homepage, then on the Union Jack and it will redirect you to the English page. I didn't know how to do the direct link to that.:( .;)

Thank's fer that & yes I have found it, the 65 page copy I was given was fer 2005 so will check the latest one out,I see tho there are some mistookes with the coments.
Steuart/snowgoose.

it realy does

snowgoose said:
;) Good evening all,can I tell you a wee tale, whilst camped up outside Portreath [cornwall] a young German couple asked if I could help them, they had run out of water & there battery was flat[forgot to turn off the cool box].So I shared my water with them & got them started,as it was lateish & I had just knocked up a large pan of curry I shared it with them & had a good evening.Any way next morning they thanked me & said they were back home in 3/4 days time & would like to give me a copy of their BIBLE !!!!! alarm bells started ringing, as they moved of they passed it to me with a large smile.It looked like an office folder so I opened it what a surprise there was close on 60 pages of wild & not so wild camping sites thro out the British Isles.
It appears to be compiled by a couple of Dutchmen, whilst I can't track there actual site I have found the overall site address,now some of you may allready be aware of it others may not so here it is you can have some fun one night going thro it & I mean one nite it is comprehensive.

www.camperplus info
The guy who compiled this list is called-----Ruterbooy nl/wildcamping.
Sorry to be long winded but have fun.
Steuart.

Once helped a couple with there sat nav tom tom to load some destinations in Belgium, a beer and couple of hours later all done.

It turns out he owns a camp site in Lancashire and has invited me and my family to stay any time on my travels free of charge.So sometimes a little help has big rewards. Not been yet though.:D :D :D

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back