A challenge for keen cyclists

lenny

I believe Cipro is a keen cyclist, any more out there would fancy the challenge of the Roman Way:rolleyes:. The incentive is that you finish off in sunny South Shields,(my hometown), Also home of Arbeia Roman fort'

PICT0002-2.jpg

PS The Drift Inn is just up the road:)

Here's a pic of the fort entrance, (reconstructed) to the museum.

PICT0001-1.jpg

Last edited:
cycling hooray

Nice idear would that be one day event, and where would you stay at the end of the day as I only drive my MH. Two day would be more comfortable. these type avents take some organising especialy one way run

Last edited by a moderator:
WE do it in a m/h

he he he!:D it doesn't say anything about taking the bikes of the cycle rack:D:D:D
We do it in a motorhome:D:D

Nice idear would that be one day event, and where would you stay at the end of the day as I only drive my MH. Two day would be more comfortable. these type avents take some organising especialy one way run

:eek:,One day event:eek: I did'nt realise you were that keen, I would'nt be able to sit down for a week:D.
To be honest ,I did'nt think anyone would take me up on this offer,I was just trying to promote my little town, but lets see how it goes:cool:

Just ordered a cycle rack for my m/h:D
It doesn't say I am actually going to use them:eek::D:D

Hi Graham, I thought in your case that you and Kath could take turns pedalling and the other in a supporting role:rolleyes:

Energy

Hi Graham, I thought in your case that you and Kath could take turns pedalling and the other in a supporting role:rolleyes:

Hey, Ive used enough energy today fingering my way through the brochure to and ordering the cycle rack:D:D:D

he he he!:D it doesn't say anything about taking the bikes of the cycle rack:D:D:D
We do it in a motorhome:D:D
best place to keep them (on the rack) push bikes :eek: you end up with leg ache out of breath and they are too easy to fall off after some brown liquid :D

leg power

best place to keep them (on the rack) push bikes :eek: you end up with leg ache out of breath and they are too easy to fall off after some brown liquid :D

Yes and legs were made to press pedals:D:D
Throttle, brake & clutch I mean, not go round and round:D:D

Maybe we could divert to your place for refreshments;).(Barnsley Bitter), do they still make it?:eek::p

We're keen... just not fit enough to do 72m!!!

Just changed our steel 15spd tandem for an alloy 24spd with disc brakes... a tandem that stops, now that's a novelty!

Like others have said, how do you get back to the m/h, or get it to the finish?

Good luck, my son-in-law is doing the London to Brighton again this year, like Garth I think we'll supply support from the following m/h!!

:eek:,One day event:eek: I did'nt realise you were that keen, I would'nt be able to sit down for a week:D.
To be honest ,I did'nt think anyone would take me up on this offer,I was just trying to promote my little town, but lets see how it goes:cool:

If I'm in your area sometime sort out a 20 mile loop and we'll have ago or if we do ameet like January cromford 7 :D have a ride then. mountain bike or road would be nice if the weather is better, perhaps try latter on in the year:cool: all levels of cycling is good. I always say one hour cycling is better than none:D:D

Maybe we could divert to your place for refreshments;).(Barnsley Bitter), do they still make it?:eek::p
they do but i dont partake of the brew ether smiths ala john or abbot or old peculier :D:D

peddle power

Lenny you started some thing now:D best get some training in:eek:

any time there are 4 large car parks all free no overnite restrictions 8 pubs within a ten min walk of each other 1 indian restaurant 6 or 7 takeaways beer at 1.59 a pint 1 wine bar why else do you think i live :D:D:D here

any time there are 4 large car parks all free no overnite restrictions 8 pubs within a ten min walk of each other 1 indian restaurant 6 or 7 takeaways beer at 1.59 a pint 1 wine bar why else do you think i live :D:D:D here

10 minute walk:eek::eek: get real (2 minute drive):D:D:D

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back