77W's camper

77W

Well finally I have worked out how to add photos , so here are a few of my camper

We bought it june 2012, it had had a previous life with 6 other owners as a working van but had at some stage been converted into a camper by a company called compas.

Since buying it we spent a lot of time & effort brining it back up to scratch, well as much as you can with a van of it's age (2001 ) & past life that it has had

We had to change the fuel tank, windscreen & had a fair bit of welding done to the sills underneath, changed the wiper blade motor & also replace the clutch pedal that broke on me.

We chose to add central locking, blue tooth for my phone , a tv , deisel heater, a solar pannel & upgrade the leisure batteries

yep ok it has been a bit of an expense but worth every penny & with the heater we have now been able to use it througout the winter. Picture 945.jpgPicture 986.jpgPicture 1037.jpgPicture 1038.jpgPicture 1039.jpg

Thanks guys ,

She's bit of an old one but we have great fun in it, I would say without doubt buying a camper was the best thing we ever did !!!!
Especially now as we don't need a hook up anymore you have so much more freedom & your trips away wild camping feel more of an adventure than when you stay on campsites, a sort of feeling of acomplishment ( in the loose sense of the word ) if you know what I mean

Looks like a great van!

What engine is in it? i owned a 2001 converted ducato (same shape as yours) up untill september last year. Mine has the 2.8 non turbo which i found to be fine, a little sluggish on hills but all in all a great van

p.s

I spent a fair bit of time also welding up the inner and outer sills on mine

well by doing bit to it you have improved it and know what goes where and it is what you want as long as you comfortable that is main thing and ask yourself could you buy the same van for less having done the improvements yourself and getting the satifaction that it done right isuppose not and it looks nice,

Thanks again guys for the kind comments,

Cavy as for the engine it's the same as your old one 2.8 non turbo, just as you say it's fine other than being sluggish up the hills, if on a motorway I tend to cruse at 60mph but it will happily do more.

Oldish Hippy I know my limitations when it comes to these things, there are certian small mechanical things I will now do & can wash & polish all day long if need be lol but when it comes to electrics & the fitting out ( mainly because i'm a bit fussy ) I would prefer to get some help, that said the sure is lots of satisfaction in doing these things youself & I do do as much as I can.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back