2nd. leisure battery

boatman

Has anyone out there got any tips on where to fit a second leisure battery on a B584 Hymer. Was thinking about fitting it under the passenger seat, but want tips on routing the cables.
Boatman:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

2nd Battery

On our old Autosleeper I did a similar thing, fitted under/in the driver's seat base with no problems. I presume like our Autosleeper there's not enough room to fit a larger or higher capacity battery - as I think that's a safer & better option, like you've been advised ALL sets of batteries should be of matched pairs otherwise one will rob the other of charge.

Thanks ***** & Nosha for your replies, but am still trying to work out where to route the cables. Surely there is someone out there with a Hymer that has taken on this task. Just one final question, what size fuse should I put in?:confused:

Fuses

You can either work out what the biggest draw will be, plus the biggest charging current and add a bit. I simply used a 25 amp push in type fuse as I had a lot of them, and you can make up your own inline fuse holder by simply cutting the supply cable to the battery and using a pr of 1/4inch female spade terminals. Fit this as near to the battery post as possible as everything will be protected from the fuse onwards... just in case the cable chaffs through.

Little tip I use when wiring the racer... Insert all wiring inside a plastic pipe like a clear brewing tube or hose pipe that all DIY centres sell and this prevents any wire chafe!

wiring

Spiral wrap,is also good for wire protection,can fit after wiring all finished never had any problems .Use it regularly.

Wiring

Also good if you have spur coming off,can run it on one length and put a piece on other and tape joint.

GARY ENGLISH said:
Spiral wrap,is also good for wire protection,can fit after wiring all finished never had any problems .Use it regularly.

Spiral wrap can be a pain on medium to long lengths though can't it, It's easier to use pipe/tube split down its length with tape or bag tie to secure every 6 inches!

Spiral wrap

Virgil i think it is down to what you are use to ,same old story as they say.Practice makes perfect.

Thanks Gary & Virgil. Will pluck up the courage after we get back from a long weekend away to Porlock next week.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back