240 volt failure

jacquigem

Hi , hook up failed overnight. Power supply appears OK, changed cable ,
2010 Autotrail Mohawk . Sarge t ec500 control panel.

Hi , hook up failed overnight. Power supply appears OK, changed cable ,
2010 Autotrail Mohawk . Sarge t ec500 control panel.
Usual thing ... Check the breakers and RCD are in the up position.

To test: press the RCD test button. The RCD should trip downwards.
If nothing happens, suggests there is no AC coming into the box (so supply from the site, cable, EHU inlet plug or cable from plug to Sargent unit)
If it trips, suggests you have power and the problem is within the van. Sargent units usually have 3 MCBs used each used for various things - cooker, heating, water, sockets, charger, fridge, more sockets. Check everything. If some working, maybe problem MCB or device on problem MCBs circuit causing issue; if nothing working, common factor is the RCD. Next step would be to get the Sargent consumer unit part (where breakers are) cover off and checked. only look at this yourself if confident you know what you are doing!

Thanks Wildebus ,spot on . Despite our neighbours having good supply and swapping leads rcd would not respond to test and remained upright.Tried different power sockets still no joy. Found a motorhome repair outfit 10 minutes away who agreed to see me straight away. Drove their , hooked up to his supply and all good with rcd responding to test.
Drove back to same aire ,hooked up all good.
Reparavanning , on edge of Pamplona , highly recommended for prompt attention if needed in this area.

good stuff.
sounds like hookup socket on plinth has loose connection internally :)
Thanks , just surprised it would not work originally when I used socket that others had used ok ?
Think this RCD was added when we put the van on Spanish plates after ******.
Just wondering if I should get it checked out or replaced .

Back