2019 Switzerland

jagmanx

Considered expensive but many cheap or free overnights ! We spent over 3 weeks had 1 expensive camp but only spent £208 (ave £8) on camps ! Plus the vignette £30. It is lovely/beautiful ! We managed many of the high passes, Grimsel, St Gotthard & San Bernadino being the best! All in our 6.6m coachbuilt.
Rivers of Interest..The Rhone, the Aare which flows into the Rhine. And the two main Rhine feeders. We also visited Rheinfels !

We have had 3 trips to Switzerland in summer, each a month long....sans motorhome.
The Valais is spectacular and almost devoid of tourists.
Hopefully returning for September this year.

Yes I recall you posting before.
We enjoyed all the regions we toured and may well return at some stage. Advantages of no Motorhome = easier parking !

I first went to Switzerland on a "school trip" at Easter.
The teacher who organised it would book with a travel company who organised the coach (50 seater) etc and the Hotel.
It was a weeklong trip.
We stayed at Wilderswil Hotel Schonbuhl.
So Stechelberg and Piz Gloria..Gobsmacked !
also Kandersteg Lucerne (Pilatus) Transport Museum. To Thun on a steamer.
I was fortunate to go on many trips to Innsbruck Momtreux and The Rhiine Gorge aall several times

I will (for me) dig out some old photos for scanning. The Mountain photos wer tken on a film bamera with a zoom lens and just recently (lockdown) digiitised !

Attachments

• Eiger Moench.jpeg
    Eiger Moench.jpeg
    368.3 KB · Views: 147
  • eiger.jpeg
    eiger.jpeg
    364.1 KB · Views: 122
  • PICT0192.JPG
    PICT0192.JPG
    533.8 KB · Views: 122
  • PICT0198.JPG
    PICT0198.JPG
    471.1 KB · Views: 120
Considered expensive but many cheap or free overnights ! We spent over 3 weeks had 1 expensive camp but only spent £208 (ave £8) on camps ! Plus the vignette £30. It is lovely/beautiful ! We managed many of the high passes, Grimsel, St Gotthard & San Bernadino being the best! All in our 6.6m coachbuilt.
Rivers of Interest..The Rhone, the Aare which flows into the Rhine. And the two main Rhine feeders. We also visited Rheinfels !

Fantastic Jagmax stunning shots from some stunning places.
wish we were there, cheers and thank you for sharing them.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back