2.30pm Saturday 25th April 2009.........

scotsy

Is when we leave for our week of touring the Scottish Highlands and our first go at WILDCAMPING :eek::eek: (we've only done 2 x 2 nighters on sites before!!)

Wish us luck;)

Now i'm not promising to WILDCAMP every night while we are away but we are keen to give it a try.

We are heading to the Killin area/Ben Lawers for our first night, i've stayed B&B at Killin for a few nights during the last 4 years on our annual motorbike touring holiday (I'm going again in August:D). We will be visiting Rosemarkie, Applecross and Skye during our stay and expect to be away for at least 8 or 9 nights.

Any tips or suggestions are welcome (especially 'wilding' spots in the areas mentioned) and i hope to post some pics when we get back.

Ian, Margaret (and Bailey the dog:rolleyes:)

Good luck Ian on your adventure, hope you all have a great time and look forward to the pics:)

Is when we leave for our week of touring the Scottish Highlands and our first go at WILDCAMPING :eek::eek: (we've only done 2 x 2 nighters on sites before!!)

Wish us luck;)

Now i'm not promising to WILDCAMP every night while we are away but we are keen to give it a try.

We are heading to the Killin area/Ben Lawers for our first night, i've stayed B&B at Killin for a few nights during the last 4 years on our annual motorbike touring holiday (I'm going again in August:D). We will be visiting Rosemarkie, Applecross and Skye during our stay and expect to be away for at least 8 or 9 nights.

Any tips or suggestions are welcome (especially 'wilding' spots in the areas mentioned) and i hope to post some pics when we get back.

Ian, Margaret (and Bailey the dog:rolleyes:)
Hi scotsy, good luck on your trip, the other week I was at the C&CC site at Rosemarkie, walked up to see the dolphins at the point, where the lighthouse is and theres a car park at the end for visitors. There were no signs for no overniting, and by 7pm there was no-one there. Another wildcampin spot Ive used in the past is, when you turn right off the A9 for the Black Isle, carry on the B9161 till it joins the A832 to Rosemarkie after about half a mile youll see Munlochy bay on your right. theres a very large car park there for birdwatchers, no signs and no houses near. That would be my first choice thinkin about it....Bob

Last edited:
Good luck Ian with a van like yours i'm sure you will be ok
Rob

Have a great time!

Recent posts about Killin suggest Ben lawers might be a more peaceful overnighting option - there's also some good spots over to Glen Lyon from there if your unit isn't too large.

Bob is right about the dolphins at Rosemarkie...and the pub in the village used to do a great steak and ale pie a few years ago...wonder if they still do?:)

Hi scotsy,
good luck on your trip, and enjoy the wildcamping.
In Killin stop on the car park near the council depot, from someone elses post last week the guy who makes all the noise was spoken to by the Police, so should be ok now. Small supermarket across the main road.
If you see an x-trail 4x4 with DD on the reg plate, say hello to my brother, he plays golf down the road at Killin, lives in Tyndrum.
Good luck with your Dolphin viewing at Rosemarkie, great to see if they surfice, and I am sure you will love Skye.
We are up in Scotland come August so may see you around.
Safe journey.

Happy Camping:)

we're back

we stayed for 6 nights with only 1 night on a site:D (when i was thwarted by new signs forbidding overnight parking at the channonry point carpark at rosemarkie:()

will report later when i've time to upload some pics etc;)

but we did see the dolphins:D:D:D

Attachments

• A dolphin off Chanonry point - Copy.jpg
    A dolphin off Chanonry point - Copy.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 77
ian great you enjoyed the week wilding . we are heading for scotland 10th june for 2 weeks wilding.
its great to come & go as you please , go to bed when you like & get up when you want. that is bliss.
tony

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back