1973 winnabago generator

catherine Alvarez

I need to know how to hook up a 1973 onan rv generator to my winnabago
im not sure how to hook it to the battary does anyone know I am new to all of this

Catherine

I know this does not answer the question, but manuals are available here http://www.cumminsonan.com/rv/support/manuals as long as you have the model numbers.

If that is no help, we might need more info - diesel or petrol generator, output AC 110V or 240V and/or DC 12V/24V/36V. Is the starter motor 12V or 24V?

There should be a plate somewhere on the generator and engine giving specific details.

I vaguely recall that Onan started out as a business that supplied generators for refrigerated shipping containers so yours may have its origins in that stage of their business.

Remember that it will be of 110v ac outlet and most of the Winie bits like coffee maker and Coleman roof a/c will all be 110v,you will then need a transformer to step it up to 240v for any UK appliances, and of course as you've doubled the voltage you've halved the current so your 110v 2000w genny will now only be 240v 1000w.

As you can see I've been there done that MANY years ago... but sorry to say no longer have any wiring diagrams - sorry!

Genny Output

Remember that it will be of 110v ac outlet and most of the Winie bits like coffee maker and Coleman roof a/c will all be 110v,you will then need a transformer to step it up to 240v for any UK appliances, and of course as you've doubled the voltage you've halved the current so your 110v 2000w genny will now only be 240v 1000w.

As you can see I've been there done that MANY years ago... but sorry to say no longer have any wiring diagrams - sorry!

Surely if you use a transformer the "current" may be halved but the "wattage" stays the same, (minus transformer losses).
RogerO

Sorry you are right, what I should have said is double voltage - halve the available current... I think?

All I know is you don't get owt for nowt, so if you double up the voltage from the genny then something will be halved!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back