15 inch flat Tv

voxol51

Just returned from local Tesco store.
They have 15 inch flat TV's reduced from £169 to £149 advertised as 240v, but a box in the mains lead actually drops the 240v ac to 12v dc, so could be run from leisure battery power.

Voxy.

how i see it as no LCD TV's use 12v with little voltage change when you start the engine the voltage can change up to 4 volts in turn this will wreck the TV this is how i see it not gospel

Asda have had similar 15" lcd TVs in for about 4 months and only costing £99 with the same 240v/12v!

voxol51 said:
Just returned from local Tesco store.
They have 15 inch flat TV's reduced from £169 to £149 advertised as 240v, but a box in the mains lead actually drops the 240v ac to 12v dc, so could be run from leisure battery power.

Voxy.
hi Voxy
I have a similar tv with built in dvd from sainsburys.
I run it on 12v from the van les' battery but as Jiffers rightly says you can't depend on the voltage being dead on 12v it will fluctuate, and most batterries in a fully charged state will put out higher than 12v.
I have only used mine a few times but as yet without problem.
You can however get a voltage regulator that will ensure a steady 12v supply to the tv, I don't have one but intend to get one, hopefully before i blow the tv up:D
I think they retail at around the £35 mark from places like Maplins but I havent even looked yet :eek:
http://www.action-replay.co.uk/Computing/12v12vDC_power_adapter.shtml
Found this!

Last edited:
Kell ... Seems like that item is manna from heaven for MH owners (as it's been featured twice in one week)... Looks like I may have to get one!

virgil said:
Kell ... Seems like that item is manna from heaven for MH owners (as it's been featured twice in one week)... Looks like I may have to get one!
maybe more than twice as I found the link on the self build site of the SBMCC;)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back