13KG Propane Calor Gas Bottle wanted

V1nny

When we changed motorhome last summer the gas locker in the new one had room for 13kg gas bottles whereas the old one could only fit the 6kg size. I carried on with my supplies of 6kg bottles but now they are running low I want to start using the bigger 13kg size.

We live in West Lothian and I have tried various gas suppliers , both near and far, but I haven't found any that would take an empty 6kg bottle in exchange for buying a 13kg refill. Does anyone know anywhere that will let you buy a different size refill or are they all like for like.

I was also wondering if anyone is in the opposite position who might want to swap a large bottle for a small bottle or two?

Or if anyone has a full or empty 13kg bottle for sale?

Thanks

When we changed motorhome last summer the gas locker in the new one had room for 13kg gas bottles whereas the old one could only fit the 6kg size. I carried on with my supplies of 6kg bottles but now they are running low I want to start using the bigger 13kg size.

We live in West Lothian and I have tried various gas suppliers , both near and far, but I haven't found any that would take an empty 6kg bottle in exchange for buying a 13kg refill. Does anyone know anywhere that will let you buy a different size refill or are they all like for like.

I was also wondering if anyone is in the opposite position who might want to swap a large bottle for a small bottle or two?

Or if anyone has a full or empty 13kg bottle for sale?

Thanks
Think Randolph Gas Supplies of Kirkcaldy were planning to permit exchange of different bottle sizes [June 2021] when the then shortage of gas bottles in general had abated. They supply properties in the main and so are often overlooked by the 'Gas hunters'! They're within spitting distance of Kirkcaldy Caravans

Steve

Think Randolph Gas Supplies of Kirkcaldy were planning to permit exchange of different bottle sizes [June 2021] when the then shortage of gas bottles in general had abated. They supply properties in the main and so are often overlooked by the 'Gas hunters'! They're within spitting distance of Kirkcaldy Caravans

Steve
Thanks. I will give them a call to check on Monday

but I haven't found any that would take an empty 6kg bottle in exchange for buying a 13kg refill.

The two sizes are in different exchange groups so you are unlikely to find a dealer prepared to exchange them.

You can get a cash refund for the empty bottle (even without paperwork)

I found a 13kg at the local tip for free, so keep your eyes peeled.

The two sizes are in different exchange groups so you are unlikely to find a dealer prepared to exchange them.

You can get a cash refund for the empty bottle (even without paperwork)

I found a 13kg at the local tip for free, so keep your eyes peeled.
Will do. THanks

I was chatting to my supplier about two weeks ago. My new van will take two 13kg cylinders and I currently have a 13kg and a 6kg. They seemed to think that exchange of sizes should be possible later this year. Fingers crossed. All the best.

I was chatting to my supplier about two weeks ago. My new van will take two 13kg cylinders and I currently have a 13kg and a 6kg. They seemed to think that exchange of sizes should be possible later this year. Fingers crossed. All the best.
Thanks. That sounds promising. I think I will just take my time and wait to see if I can swop the 6kg bottles later in the year.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back