How to park at John o groats

Ah! Fined for spending money at Tesco - ripp-off Britain anyone?
Here's a screenshot from Google Maps of my local Tesco taken a year ago. This shows the notice giving parking T&C's right next to a Tesco delivery van taking up four spaces! ... Double standards?

1714731820265.png

I have noticed a few car parks in Scotland where it says wheels must be in one space but it doesn’t matter about any overhang. Can’t say I have noticed that in England although I don’t usually use car parks so could be the same

I have noticed a few car parks in Scotland where it says wheels must be in one space but it doesn’t matter about any overhang. Can’t say I have noticed that in England although I don’t usually use car parks so could be the same
It varies by area, so unless you ask you cannot be sure.

Do go to Dunnet Head, FREE to park and
THE MOST NORTHERLY POINT of the mainland although not the furthest point from Lands End.

Ah! Fined for spending money at Tesco - ripp-off Britain anyone?
Tesco are a private company so they actually can't issue a fine, all they can do is issue a charge. How far they'd take this if you didn't pay and argued the toss I don't know but in order to get any money out of you they'd have to take you to court over the issue and convince a judge they were being reasonable. Can't see them doing that unless there were specific oversized spaces that you failed to use.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:172)

Robmac, Val54, Bigshug, NSY, 2cv, r4dent, mark61, alcam, AllanD, TeamRienza, st3v3, GeoffL, shortcircuit, Charlynch, Makzine, Sharon the Cat, Nabsim, TJBi, maingate, ewen, chrishunter, Moonraker 2, colinm, Alberto, JVG, clarkpeacock, smg, GMJ, flying kipper, Tim120, Biggarmac, barryd, Scotia, Obanboy666, Jo001, number14, Tonybvi, 4Corners, bellars, jann, RSD7a, Bubble, Debroos, bdastu, korky, Wildrock, Team ST, Heppy, guerdeval, The Jacks, bobemmo29, RichardHelen262, kevlakes, winks, Cass, davep10000, regnarts, Wully, Canalsman, aross, izwozral, hmssnake, runnach, rugbyken, trevskoda, kensowerby, CHAIRMAN, jeanette, Motoroamer, mariesnowgoose, rjmurchie, ajb70, hamsterberg27, AdriaTwin, MikeRS, DaveCP, Livotlout, Hornet49, GeorgeK, MrU, SCRUMPY BOY, caledonia, Ian1968, Andys, Wightman, Wooie1958, DTF, The laird, tobym, trooper2000, Ian and Cath, bnb080, Budgie, belbri, harrow, Norfolk NewBoy, JQB, zzr1400tim, NudeJude, campervanannie, GinaRon, robarnold, cornish hymer, Dezi, Wheelie, Topmast, horace, MrC, Glass man, SimonM, Glandwr, Horbach, adriahome, painter01, amcjam, Canonball, Owen M, ironman, stonedaddy, Mossystone, BigAldo, Costers, merl, alwaysared, Tezza33, MartinFife, Goofer, swedenut, Rosso, Rond, bjh, wrp, UFO, Nesting Zombie, AndyWill64, s4x4c, DAVEY, scampa, jimmybanks41, Cathy Lizzie, Ted, lthoel2, Terryww, Mick67, ton27, Redcallaway1, Sue Paskins, Monkeybrand, Tartarus, morsefields, nitram, stroller, Rivertowy, mick n jules, Bilw, Owlhouse, Moocher, Bazza1509, boggie, Sheila Bryant, barrypat, Alun100, Texastom, Amethyst, Wardy73, smackaylvit, 5andy, RogerO, Thistle, Zavvy, TeamPuffin, Squeegee,
Back