Council not happy with Motorhomes in Pub Car Parks

Unless you are sat in it with your belt on and the engine running ...
It would be nigh on impossible for the police to secure a conviction .

I've had that conversation with several traffic officers about that ...
Not worth taking the chance...

BlackBeltBarrister on YouTube differs with your opinion.

I've read this post a dozen times now and I am still trying to get my head around how it applies to a motorhome parking overnight in a pub car park where there are no facilities (toilets, EHU), there is no camping behaviour (eg chairs and tables, awnings) and no money has exchanged hands for said parking. The only difference between a car and a motorhome being in a car park overnight is that the motorhome is occupied with, probably, people sleeping.
So are we now implying that sleeping is potentially illegal? What have we come to in this country?

My view is that this law is meant to apply to farmers and the like who want to open a field for campers over the summer months. If its scope spills over to pub car parks then it's a definite case of unintended consequences.
Unintended consequences is spot on, planning laws have always included exemptions for most temporary uses, historically either 14 or 28 days in a calendar year. The recent increase to 60 days for "pop up campsites" was intended to ease the situation for camping during Covid and has been made a permanent exemption. I doubt the authors ever envisaged it applying to a pub car park but that's where we've ended up.

I still say it's not worth the risk.
And I'd still say ....unless your sat in driving seat engine on and wearing driving gloves with the nc500 loaded as a destination on your satnav and a fresh pack of travel sweets open on the dash ...
The policeman isn't going to waste the ink ....

However I respect your caution and opinion

Unless you are sat in it with your belt on and the engine running ...
It would be nigh on impossible for the police to secure a conviction .

I've had that conversation with several traffic officers about that ...
My uncle got done many years back as the car was on the street in Bangor town and he had the keys in his pocket, even if in a privat car park where the public have access you can be done, fact is many cops know the score and dont bother, but there is always one who will.
A lad i knew got done for sleeping in the back seat of his car inside Ulster polytec grounds.

Reactions: RAW

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:223)

Val54, CHAIRMAN, trevskoda, Neckender, maingate, andyjanet, guerdeval, Jo001, ewen, MartinFife, barryd, Alberto, jagmanx, Fisherman, NSY, Tim120, runnach, winks, mistericeman, MrKenny, trixie88, izwozral, colinm, Cass, helmit, number14, shortcircuit, AllanD, SimonM, Nabsim, The laird, alcam, r4dent, Wheelie, Goofer, jann, peterFuller, 2cv, royh28, saxonborg, wildebus, jeanette, Makzine, Tonybvi, jeffmossy, Topmast, Debroos, Velella, RAW, stonedaddy, 1807truckman, caledonia, JVG, TJBi, TeamRienza, ricc, RichardHelen262, Dezi, RV2MAX, DTF, Steve and Julie, bobemmo29, bdastu, flying kipper, merl, andyt362, Boris7, ironman, Owen M, witzend, bmc, Mossystone, belbri, aross, GinaRon, hmssnake, alwaysared, Sharon the Cat, RSD7a, Rond, bjh, campervanannie, ton27, Canalsman, Lee, kensowerby, Obanboy666, gypo, AdriaTwin, Budgie, Quiddle, GMJ, mariesnowgoose, Andys, ChrisInNotts, Doigy, walpeter, trooper2000, Charlynch, rambrose, Gerti58, st3v3, exwindsurfer, Robmac, bellars, Gadabout2, Bazza1509, zzr1400tim, Biggarmac, barge1914, dvla3336, reiverlad, britcoms, iampatman, Tezza33, oppy, yorkslass, undertaker, Matchlock, Daz Newcastle, vindiboy, davep10000, Martin P, mark61, Norfolk NewBoy, UFO, Victor, chrishunter, harrow, Touringtheworld, rugbyken, Greengrass, molly 2, marsden, AndyWill64, Garali9, Veloman, s4x4c, Mr and Mrs Tupcox, kevlakes, cooperman, Herman, petermotorhome, DAVEY, regnarts, The Jacks, myvanwy, korky, Mickrick, frankieboyd, Glandwr, HurricaneSmith, smg, JQuen24, Costers, jimmybanks41, cornish hymer, Livotlout, Dave11A, Rosehip, Heppy, BigAldo, Ted, Handel10, specky4eyes, jacquigem, COCKY, amcjam, Rod, marchie, lthoel2, spigot, Fazerloz, RamblingRobochick, Glass man, ajb70, landie50, Okta, Bouydog, Monkeybrand, scampa, Tartarus, wints, nitram, elfish, Clunegapyears, roady987, stroller, Palette, mick n jules, Walkingmox, prioryi, polo99, paulhelenwilko, littlemaisy, Owlhouse, Moocher, Rob H, euro28, barrypat, Pete Rachel, geoffnmurph, Elfit, ozbit, Nickrock, Alun100, Rutaria, hamsterberg27, Alf, 2Coops, Meloc8, Wardy73, Muddypuddler, WingNut, RogerO, NudeJude, Thistle, JQB, smycker, wilsal, Doddy6, tripper, Squeegee,
Back