Yorkshire Economics.

Pauljenny

Cold morning, shopping in Altrincham. The few people braving the streets are clutching their phones with one hand and a paper cup of, rapidly cooling, Costa coffee in the other... Not much change from £3..? We called in at Wetherspoons, ordered 1coffee mug and a double rum. Using the free refill machine, we enjoyed one huge black, rummy coffee, a massive cappuccino, two double espressos, in the 40 minutes that we were warming ourselves up. ...£4.90 I reckon the , rums were for free.
An account upgrade is required to view more of this post.

iampatman

Warm morning. Rode up to Mazarron this morning on my bike, bought a head of celery, a few carrots and some chard for €1.50. Stopped at a cafe on the way back and had a Belmonte (coffee, condensed milk and brandy) for €1.20. Reckon I got the bargain Paul :) Pat

Nabsim

Well I waited for rain to stop then took dogs for a walk amongst the trees. With a fall to the river. Got back to the van and made my own coffee for pence :) proper Yorkshireman wouldn’t pay someone else for a coffee lol

Pauljenny

Well I waited for rain to stop then took dogs for a walk amongst the trees. With a fall to the river. Got back to the van and made my own coffee for pence :) proper Yorkshireman wouldn’t pay someone else for a coffee lol I'm an improper Yorkshireman, Neil. We would drive 100 miles to get Deisel, 2 pence a litre cheaper. Free Rum... ? We'd climb Everest, in our pyjamas...!

alcam

I'm an improper Yorkshireman, Neil. We would drive 100 miles to get Deisel, 2 pence a litre cheaper. Free Rum... ? We'd climb Everest, in our pyjamas...! Proper Yorkshire wearing pyjamas !

Pauljenny

Just finished a shopping trip. I've been made to wait outside M&S, Debenhams, Monsoon, Rackham's, Poundland and even WH Smith.. She tells me I'm barred. Then , as it was 6 damp degrees, She suggested Wetherspoons.. I saved money again on rummy coffees. When I suggested further savings..... I was outvoted.

mid4did

Just finished a shopping trip. I've been made to wait outside M&S, Debenhams, Monsoon, Rackham's, Poundland and even WH Smith.. She tells me I'm barred. Then , as it was 6 damp degrees, She suggested Wetherspoons.. I saved money again on rummy coffees. When I suggested further savings..... I was outvoted. I,m currently parked outside primark taunton,been also parked at river island and tk max,went for a coffee and spotted biscuits in packs of 3@60p a pack ow much! Left them alone,that,s the only money i,ve saved today 😁

antiquesam

I quite like being left outside shops. That's why I always take the dog with me when I get instructed to drive her to somewhere with shops. Never here in Portsmouth anymore because we don't have any shops.

Pauljenny

I quite like being left outside shops. That's why I always take the dog with me when I get instructed to drive her to somewhere with shops. ........ Never here in Portsmouth anymore because we don't have any shops. That sounds like my ideal town...!

Caz

Wetherspoons coffee used to be ok but the last few times I've had to switch to latte because the black was horribly bitter.

trevskoda

Went to look at Mobile Homes, got a free coffee and saved £70,000.00 now that's a great saving and a free coffee. Try going round all the car sales asking for test drives,give you something to do on wet days,they all know me now and tell me to bu--er of, dont know why as i thought i was doing them a service testing for faults before they sold them on. :unsure: (y)

Pauljenny

Wetherspoons coffee used to be ok but the last few times I've had to switch to latte because the black was horribly bitter. Put a double Rum into it.. It works wonders.

Pauljenny

We have booked into a well respected Cheshire hotel. Cold, wet and needing our usual siesta . The room wasn't ready, when we arrived at 4pm.. The charming receptionist brought us drinks while we waited, in front of a lovely log fire. My mug of rummy coffee was excellent. Jenny enjoyed her hot chocolate. The room was clap cold , .."because the cleaner turns the heating off, when working... And might have forgotten to put it back on.". After 15 minutes, the radiator was still cold. I turned on the Dimplex heater, the lights off and we turned in. Then the fire alarm went off , followed by a noisy lady and a maintenance man, shouting at eachother. Then a knock on the door, shouty lady and the man inspecting our smoke alarm. Jenny in bed. 20 minutes later, New neighbours arrive. They flush the loo........ and the pipes make a sound like a cruise liner leaving port.. If the waiter, tonight, is called Manuel... ... We're leaving. Guess if I'm going to pay the full bill, or not tomorrow...

Last edited: