X250 heater control bulb replacement

SimonM

I’ve looked on YouTube and wasn’t enthused with the help offered there, and I can‘t seem to find anything anywhere - does anyone know how to replace the heater controls bulb?

It looks rather complicated, and I’m sure there’s no way down the top with the radio out, and there’s no way up past the pollen filter arrangement.

Anybody done it?

Have you tried here:

It's not a 5 minute job.
You need to strip quite a lot of the dash out to get to the screws which secure the surround for the heater controls.
Start with removing the clip board holder at the top.
Then the radio and its surrounding plastics.
I can't remeber if you need to remove the air vents as well.
Then you need to remove the main centre section of the dash above the central glove box.
This will then give you access to the screws and clips which secure the heater control surround.
Lots of screws and hidden clips, and if you're going to attemps it, make sure you have a decent set of trim removal tools.

It's not a 5 minute job.
You need to strip quite a lot of the dash out to get to the screws which secure the surround for the heater controls.
Start with removing the clip board holder at the top.
Then the radio and its surrounding plastics.
I can't remeber if you need to remove the air vents as well.
Then you need to remove the main centre section of the dash above the central glove box.
This will then give you access to the screws and clips which secure the heater control surround.
Lots of screws and hidden clips, and if you're going to attemps it, make sure you have a decent set of trim removal tools.
It’s what I was expecting ☹️ There is another way that’s easier, I seldom drive it at night and the controls aren’t exactly in darkness - so I think I’ll leave well alone for now.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back