X2 old 20L jerry wanted (North England)

Tookey

New jerry cans are of dubious quality so before I put cash in someone else's pocket any northern England members want to sell 1 or ideally 2 old cans?

I bought 4 metal second hand jerry cans, 20L ones and even with new seals they leaked so I took them down to the rubbish dump :unsure:

machine mart do a line of proper jerry cans bought a 10ltr one about ten years ago about £20 inc spout the larger ones weren’t a lot dearer but mine was to fit in a specific place in the motorhome but it was 10 years ago

Any army surplus type stores near you, the one in Exeter sells them.

I bought a couple of new 10L ones and they seem pretty good with my only complaint being the paint quality - thin and faded quickly. Sprayed them with Hammerite and look the part now (also meant could 'colour-code' them ... Black for Diesel/Kerosene, Green for Petrol).
I'll check in Surplus Stores as well. (I wonder if the one in Exeter has ex-Commando ones from Exmouth in there ;) )

You will nev
I bought a couple of new 10L ones and they seem pretty good with my only complaint being the paint quality - thin and faded quickly. Sprayed them with Hammerite and look the part now (also meant could 'colour-code' them ... Black for Diesel/Kerosene, Green for Petrol).
I'll check in Surplus Stores as well. (I wonder if the one in Exeter has ex-Commando ones from Exmouth in there ;) )
[/QUOT you will never find it if you buy one

Interesting though, these ones are wide neck and they don't have the nozzles in stock and their 'normal' neck cans that haven't had water in them are £15

Hmmm 🤔

Last edited:
It does say on the product detail " .... they are made in the same specification as any other can". Wouldn't that apply to the mouth/outlet as well?

I have one of those nozzles and fits on both my 10L and 20L Jerry Cans :)

(just noticed the "wide neck" in the info. ah well.)

May as well used butter as hammerite. 😂

Works great :) (long as you know how to use to correctly ;) )
Rubbish its only house paint with zyleen added, blast and epoxy two pack then top with polyurathane, if you had mentiond that in my biz you would be sent home. 😂
oil tank.jpg

Used to have quite a few Sceptre cans, diesel and water. The king of cans, if only I had kept them.

I,ve had this knocking about for years.Never found a use for it.Free to a good home for anyone down this way.
20201008_142107.jpg
20201008_142137.jpg

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back