Would you?

Yes I would use it.

To make a log burner out of.
73EB641D-3D65-46D4-AF5B-8892C8931FE2.jpeg

“Under current UK & EU law privately owned end-user owned refillable gas bottles or gas tanks do not need to be legally tested every 10 years as normal gas bottles do but we always recommend that they are ( we recommend 10 years from date of install / first use )”. Taken from Gas IT technical support portal.

However they go on to say they know some of their customers are still using bottles installed back in the 70’s & 80’s and ’assume they have been re-certified at some stage’ 🤥

Does anyone have a factual account of one of these refillable bottles failing?

“Under current UK & EU law privately owned end-user owned refillable gas bottles or gas tanks do not need to be legally tested every 10 years as normal gas bottles do but we always recommend that they are ( we recommend 10 years from date of install / first use )”. Taken from Gas IT technical support portal.

However they go on to say they know some of their customers are still using bottles installed back in the 70’s & 80’s and ’assume they have been re-certified at some stage’ 🤥

Does anyone have a factual account of one of these refillable bottles failing?
When you say we recommend who is we, and a link to the actual law would be nice.

Use a refillable gas bottle past it's guarantee date?
No not knowingly !
But as I don't at look writing, just shake to fill / gauge if any left gas still in returnable
My under slung gas tank gave out after 10 years ! And started leaking in 100 degrees when full= 80% last summer. Fire man taped vehical of for 7 hours in the burnt ash hill se12 as 3rd party called them out in london untill it was safe. It was hissing / leaking. Lol LFB just watch untill empty

I don't think temp has reach that this year.

Moral is, keep them chilled when filled at night

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back