Would you Adam & Eve it

Robmac

I bought a watch from Bid up TV once. Julie couldn't believe that I had payed 40 quid (I think it was) for a watch from bid up TV. When I got it, I took it down to the jewellers to be valued. "Not worth a fortune" he said, "Probably about £600 or so". Still, she knew best. Mind you, I have never worn it and it is still stuck in a draw somewhere.
An account upgrade is required to view more of this post.

colinmd

I have several Casio digital watches with broken plastic straps as by then the 'glass' (plastic) gets scratched, they just keep going. I've got one analogue Casio with steel strap it gets through about one battery a year, I've given up wearing it.

ricc

i gave up wearing a wrist watch when i discovered the phone had a clock on it...must be 20 years ago. have got a pocket watch which lives on the bedside cabinet instead of a bedroom clock and it goes on holidays abroad with us when i leave the phone in the car at the airport.

molly 2

Didn't know you could still by a battery watch .they are so last year .I bought a genuine Relex from an Arab in Benidorm . for £3 about 30 years ago .I was very lucky lucky .

st3v3

Mind you, I have never worn it and it is still stuck in a draw somewhere. Dig it out mate, let us know what it is. I've got a watch or two (!) From Casio to Rolex, and the Casio's are some of my favourites. I wear a G-shock for work that is pretty indestructible. Throw it in the washing machine when it's too dirty lol. I'd be interested in any broken stuff anyone has in their drawer, pass a bit of time trying to fix stuff up :)

trevskoda

Dig it out mate, let us know what it is. I've got a watch or two (!) From Casio to Rolex, and the Casio's are some of my favourites. I wear a G-shock for work that is pretty indestructible. Throw it in the washing machine when it's too dirty lol. I'd be interested in any broken stuff anyone has in their drawer, pass a bit of time trying to fix stuff up :) Not a thing i would keep in my drawers. 😂 😂 😂

trevskoda

Nobody wants to look at your wrinkly broken down thing Trev, so yes, keep it in your drawers. It keeps good time as it swings. 😂 😂

Nabsim

I like watches and have several wrist watches and a few pocket watches. Since I got an apple watch 4 years ago (I think) i never use any of the others though. I use the activity tracking and exercise functions as well as audiobooks on it. If/when it breaks I will definitely get another

Nabsim

Takes a lot to damage a bus wheel. Funnily enough it is easier to write of a bus than you may think. I wrote of a bus in the Isle of Man, took front axle straight out. It only took a Yamaha and one leg to do it 😂😂😂

yorkslass

Funnily enough it is easier to write of a bus than you may think. I wrote of a bus in the Isle of Man, took front axle straight out. It only took a Yamaha and one leg to do it 😂😂😂 😲😲😲

Robmac

Dig it out mate, let us know what it is. I've got a watch or two (!) From Casio to Rolex, and the Casio's are some of my favourites. I wear a G-shock for work that is pretty indestructible. Throw it in the washing machine when it's too dirty lol. I'd be interested in any broken stuff anyone has in their drawer, pass a bit of time trying to fix stuff up :) I'll have a look Steve.

Robmac

I'll have a look Steve. It's a Maurice LaCroix MS1107 Steve. Just found it in me sock draw; New price online still seems to be around £600. Second hand varies from £50-550 depending on condition, but that is not to say that these prices are achieved, I'm sure it's worth more than the 40 squid I payed for it though. I've just been instructed to start wearing it!

izwozral

New battery fitted and the Casio lives on, happy days. I got tired at glancing at my wrist and nothing was there.

izwozral

I just get up with the sun and go to bed when it gets cold and dark,no watch required. Bloomin heck Trev you must sleep a lot in winter and when the weather is cloudy!